Change in Port Fees and Taxes

cmukid87

I was doing a mock booking to check for price reductions and saw our cruise was $10 cheaper. I looked into the details and port fees/taxes are down $5.00/person.

Is this something that I will pay the extra $5.00/person and get it back on board?

Port fees fluctuate all the time. If the fees drop after you booked they refund the difference. If it goes up you are not charged the difference. If you claim a price drop they will charge you the current port fee at the time.

Edited by drosphot

Port fees fluctuate all the time. If the fees drop after you booked they refund the difference. If it goes up you are not charged the difference. If you claim a price drop they will charge you the current port fee at the time.

So I need to do a price drop claim or it's automatic. I'm not stressing over $10, just curious. I'd have to pay the full deposit if I do price drop claim.

Don't submit due to port fees, it probably wouldn't be honored anyways.

A few days before sailing they will adjust port fees if it's lower than what you paid. You will have an OBC for an odd amount.

We just got off the Glory and they gave us $9 back as the difference in port fees. If you would have to put up full deposit I wouldn't bother. Just wait for an actual price drop or take the refund on the ship

Decreases in port fees are refunded as OBC.

So thats why I had almost 20.00 OBC between the three of us on Magic when we boarded :) It bought first couple of drinks!

Edited by ryano