Complimentary Luggage Valet

Scottydogs

Wow I had to pull up the 'Suite Overview Flyer' doc to see that for myself:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Luggage Valet (note caps, as compared to 'luggage valet' [lower case] on the doc) is the program that picks up and delivers your luggage direct to the ship via common carrier. Info in the FAQs HERE. It is worth hundreds of dollars each way. So if you are booked in a Full Suite I would be on the phone to Princess or my TA immediately demanding that this free benefit be honored before Princess spots what I assume at this point to be a very obvious typo.

(also notice the latest update to the doc has added a lot more faux superlatives such as 'VIP' 'luxury' and 'exclusive' but that's neither here nor there with regards to the questions at hand)

Edited by fishywood

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

pulled the link too.

This is new, and I do believe they mean it for suite passengers, as they are obviously upping the ante on their suite benefits. Hoping so - getting some gear to the ship for our next cruise just became so much easier.

And yes, it is a huge value if they honor it.

It is interesting to note the "Club Class" wording changes to the Suite Perks document. Like rebranding "Mimosa Breakfast" since some ships have it in Crown Grill and some still have it in Sabatini's.

But I don't think the "luggage valet" perk means the $90/bag Luggage Valet doorstep-to-ship delivery service.

More likely they will take your empty bags from your cabin and "park" them until returned to you on Dreaded Packing Night.

Edited by sminfiddle

I actually just called the luggage department at Princess and they had no idea what i was talking about. They called me back a little while ago after investigating and said that it just means that the luggage will be placed in our cabin instead of left out in the hallway.

I said that is not the wording on the suite amenities list or under luggage valet in the search box.

Princess needs to correct this quickly or this poor lady is going to be bombarded.

They called me back a little while ago after investigating and said that it just means that the luggage will be placed in our cabin instead of left out in the hallway.

Previously, this program had been called "Good Cabin Steward".

I have been doing some more digging and forgot that the cabin steward will also unpack and pack for you. Maybe this is what Princess means to say.

Whatever it is they need to check first before they send it out for all to read.

I have been doing some more digging and forgot that the cabin steward will also unpack and pack for you. Maybe this is what Princess means to say.

Whatever it is they need to check first before they send it out for all to read.

The cabin stewards on Princess do not pack and unpack for you. On Celebrity, your butler might do it for you.

I actually just called the luggage department at Princess and they had no idea what i was talking about. They called me back a little while ago after investigating and said that it just means that the luggage will be placed in our cabin instead of left out in the hallway.

I said that is not the wording on the suite amenities list or under luggage valet in the search box.

Princess needs to correct this quickly or this poor lady is going to be bombarded.

I got the same response to an email inquiry, but I just sent them the Suite Amenities list, wherein Luggage Valet is capitalized and when I do a search on Luggage Valet, I get the door to ship service, not the hallway to inside the cabin service. Let's see what they say next. Whoops.

Suite Services & Amenities

Search

Brochure

VIP PRIORITY •Priority Embarkation & Disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise

•Priority Disembarkation at tender ports

•Priority Onboard Shore Excursion Reservations

•Priority Specialty Dining Reservations

EXCLUSIVE

•Exclusive Club Class Dining in the Main Dining Room for dinner each night, plus breakfast and lunch on sea days

•Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres on select ships^

•Exclusive Disembarkation Lounge

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS

•The Princess Luxury Bed

•Princess Luxury Pillow Menu

•Princess Luxury Pillow-Top Mattress Menu

•Luxurious Jacquard-woven Cotton Linens

•Upgraded Terry Shawl Bathrobes & Slippers

•Upgraded Bathroom Amenities including bath salts and soothing gel eye mask

•Upgraded Shower & Showerhead

•Upgraded Room Service Menu with full breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings

•Balcony with Upgraded Patio Furniture (two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs)

•Upgraded Turn Down Service

COMPLIMENTARY •Private Portrait Sitting with Onboard Photographer

•Same-day Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services

•Shoe Polishing Services

•Luggage Valet

•Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (Daily)**

•Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation evening

•Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite Access on select ships††

•Daily Bottled Water in Stateroom

•Mini-Bar set-up on embarkation day

•Premium Evening Canapés upon request

•Chef’s “Welcome Goodies” on embarkation day

•In-Suite Afternoon Tea Service

•Fresh Orchids

•Exotic Fruit Bowl on embarkation day, refreshed upon request

•Ice Service twice daily

•Umbrellas

•Premium Stationery and Pens

^ Not included on Sun Princess, Sea Princess or Dawn Princess

** Served In-Suite on Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess

†† Included on Royal Princess and Regal Princess

Need Assistance? Find a Travel Consultant Contact Us Call: 1-800-774-6237

It is on this listing.....

I got the same response to an email inquiry, but I just sent them the Suite Amenities list, wherein Luggage Valet is capitalized and when I do a search on Luggage Valet, I get the door to ship service, not the hallway to inside the cabin service. Let's see what they say next. Whoops.

Just the latest example of ineffective proofreading by Princess. :rolleyes:

We're not paid to discover such discrepancies but wonder what those being paid to do it are doing at work...maybe on social media? :eek:

There's a lengthy thread about vagueness in the new Club Class Minisuites program & they need to provide complete & clear descriptions for a Princess cruise.

But I don't think the "luggage valet" perk means the $90/bag Luggage Valet doorstep-to-ship delivery service.

More likely they will take your empty bags from your cabin and "park" them until returned to you on Dreaded Packing Night.

I believe the cost is substantially more even for domestic sailings. To use Luggage Valet from the US to a European cruise is over $9 per pound.

Just the latest example of ineffective proofreading by Princess. :rolleyes:

My guess is the task of updating the Suite Overview Flyer was assigned to a brand new IT intern (who of course has never cruised) who had no idea that a very costly program named Luggage Valet already existed. And was told to put the new form live after no more than a cursory glance (if even that) by their boss.

Many, actually most times, my room steward puts the luggage on top of the bed, so what makes this suite perk special? I have never stayed in a suite.

They have offered to unpack for us on the Pacific and the Ruby when we were in suites. I always decline since i can unpack etc myself. My TA had sent me a list of amenities awhile ago and it did say luggage unpacking/packing service for suites. Maybe this is the valet part?

So we are not the only ones confused. Princess staff too.

Have not traveled Princess yet ( but will in less than 4 weeks) but on X there is an additional service available on some cruises called "luggage valet". It provides for getting checked luggage from the ship to the airport and onto your flights. Airline luggage tags are issued to guests using this service. A $25 pp fee as well as any airline luggage fees are collected. Not all airports or airlines are involved. Perhaps this is the service mentioned by Princess.

Have not traveled Princess yet ( but will in less than 4 weeks) but on X there is an additional service available on some cruises called "luggage valet". It provides for getting checked luggage from the ship to the airport and onto your flights. Airline luggage tags are issued to guests using this service. A $25 pp fee as well as any airline luggage fees are collected. Not all airports or airlines are involved. Perhaps this is the service mentioned by Princess.

Princess has this and calls it EZ Check. Good try :)

I'd love to know what an 'Upgraded' turn down service is.

On our last 3 sailings on the Star/Grand Princess, it was either chocolate covered strawberries or Norman Love chocolates (or a combo of both). On our last cruise it was only on formal nights, but the cruise before that, it was every night.

Edited by cflutist

Now I am pretty steamed, and it takes a lot to get me this riled. This is the answer I got from Princess Luggage Valet a few minutes ago:

Hello,

The full suite amenity and service listed as “complimentary luggage valet” does not refer to our Princess Luggage Valet Service. This refers to porter service in which we transfer guest luggage from the pier/port to the guest’s stateroom. We have asked our Marketing department to change the verbiage on the Princess Full Suite flyer as we understand this has caused confusion with our guests. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Princess Cruises

Luggage Valet Coordinator

Email: LuggageValet@Princesscruises.com

I am trying to understand how that is a suite amenity - luggage delivery to the stateroom is a service provided by the cruise line to each and every stateroom. It is not unique to suites, and damn well better be complimentary since we are not able to clear large suitcases through security and take them aboard ourselves. Listing that as a Complimentary Suite Amenity just goes way, way, way overboard in terms of a marketing attempt.

Regarding this portion of the email reply:

Hello,

The full suite amenity and service listed as “complimentary luggage valet” does not refer to our Princess Luggage Valet Service. This refers to porter service in which we transfer guest luggage from the pier/port to the guest’s stateroom.

Since the "porter service...from the pier/port to the guest's stateroom" is in actuality the "COMPLIMENTARY luggage valet", then does that mean tipping the porter is not needed since the porter service is included in the cost of my suite??????

We have asked our Marketing department to change the verbiage on the Princess Full Suite flyer as we understand this has caused confusion with our guests. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I don't think it takes a marketing degree to know this would cause confusion with passengers. :rolleyes:

Princess too often creates marketing that is at best confusing and at worst is deceptive...too many of the benefits are not unique to suites or Club Class.

The new suites & new Club Class Mini-Suites benefits are the most recent examples of poorly written marketing releases which shouldn't create questions about anything passengers will receive during their cruise.