Cell Service

underthemoon53

ATT has service in all three Alaskan ports. I hear they even have coverage in Glacier Bay now.

ATT users will be "roaming" when in Vancouver. You may be able to get some genuine ATT service if you hang around Peach Arch Park or the US border (Zero avenue).

This may be a stupid question, but here goes, how do you check to see if you have land-based service without risking connecting to the ships service? I can see myself checking for a signal and inadvertently connecting to the ships service and downloading 100 emails before I knew it happened.

Had fairly reliable (but somewhat slow) access at the main ports...probably due to everyone on the ship jumping on the network at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

how do you check to see if you have land-based service without risking connecting to the ships service?
to clarify.... What is the make and model of your phone?

On my Blackberries....

-I can disable roaming so it only connects to my home carrier

-I can also disable "automatic" carrier selection. If I international roaming, I need to manually tell it.

to clarify.... What is the make and model of your phone?

On my Blackberries....

-I can disable roaming so it only connects to my home carrier

-I can also disable "automatic" carrier selection. If I international roaming, I need to manually tell it.

I am on Verizon using iPhone 6s. I know I can disable international roaming, but as far as I know I cannot disable automatic carrier selection. Is connection to the ships cellular service considered international roaming?

Edited by Osborn Cox

Does anyone know if AT&T has coverage (with no extra charges) in Vancouver and in the popular ports of Alaska?

Thanks!

Plenty of coverage in AK, it is domestic and for most people is not roaming. Vancouver is another matte entirely, it is International roaming.

This may be a stupid question, but here goes, how do you check to see if you have land-based service without risking connecting to the ships service? I can see myself checking for a signal and inadvertently connecting to the ships service and downloading 100 emails before I knew it happened.

Turn off data roaming, data will not download if you do that.