RS and connecting Concierge on M class

DESTCRZ

I would love to book a royal suite and the connecting concierge on the Infinity for South America in 2018 to make a two-bedroom suite. But when Celebrity is so inflexible with their "rules" regarding suite amenities, why would I book the royal suite when my traveling companions - that would have access to the royal suite through the connecting door - won't have access to Michael's and Luminae? I would think if those two cabins were booked at the same time on the same booking, some consideration could be made.

The only option is to book the penthouse and the connecting sky suite so that all four people have suite amenities. It is VERY difficult to get the penthouse and the connecting sky suite on the same cruise. I think it would be a great idea to hold the connecting sky suite until the penthouse is booked to give the penthouse occupants the opportunity to book it if they want a two-bedroom suite. Same goes for the royal suite and connecting concierge.

Just another reason to look at other cruise lines. IMHO, a missed opportunity for Celebrity.

I would love to book a royal suite and the connecting concierge on the Infinity for South America in 2018 to make a two-bedroom suite. But when Celebrity is so inflexible with their "rules" regarding suite amenities, why would I book the royal suite when my traveling companions - that would have access to the royal suite through the connecting door - won't have access to Michael's and Luminae? I would think if those two cabins were booked at the same time on the same booking, some consideration could be made.

The only option is to book the penthouse and the connecting sky suite so that all four people have suite amenities. It is VERY difficult to get the penthouse and the connecting sky suite on the same cruise. I think it would be a great idea to hold the connecting sky suite until the penthouse is booked to give the penthouse occupants the opportunity to book it if they want a two-bedroom suite. Same goes for the royal suite and connecting concierge.

Just another reason to look at other cruise lines. IMHO, a missed opportunity for Celebrity.

Write the VP Sales/Marketing (Lisa Kaufman, I think) and point out the inflexibility, etc. What if it was for someone's children? Sometimes, stupid stuff remains policy until someone in a position of power has it pointed out to them. I write "real" letters on things like this. It demands a written response.

You could book one of the two Royal Suites with a Sky Suite located next door. That way, everyone has suite privileges. You would need to enter/exit through the hall, rather than though a connecting door inside the cabins.

Are the two people in the adjoining room your children/parents or another couple. I have read on Cruise Critic of exceptions being made in the case of children, at least. If you have already spoken to Celebrity about this, it may be worth trying again. They are notorious for inconsistent responses.

As for the Sky Suite adjoining the PH on M-class ships, I understood they were held until the PH has sold. Perhaps I am wrong or the rules have changed but I wonder how far in advance you are trying to book your cruise. Many PH "sell" as soon as a cruise is released [up to two years in advance] because they sell fast. Because of the American rule that deposits there are refundable, a large percentage of these are then cancelled. This, of course, could result in the adjoining Sky Suites being sold and, thus, no longer available.

I agree with the post who suggested you write, perhaps offering to pay a small supplement for the C room to enable the guests to use Luminae and Michael's. I certainly would not risk making a booking and hoping for flexibility on boarding.

I guess the snag is M class (and S class for that matter) were designed pre suite life introduction and 'family groups' simply are not catered for. One of the things I would expect to see on the Edge class are some 'presidential' style suites with 2/3 bedrooms or rooms like the RC 'family suites'. I also think X is concerned once they make an exception each RS/CS/PH may request a family group to be admitted. As you say it would be great if they would choose 2/3 suites and maybe rename RS plus adjoining C as a 'family suite'.

Edited by chemmo

I did call Celebrity and was told if the people in the concierge cabin are children they would be permitted to go to Michael's and Luminae. In my case, we are traveling with very good friends - adults. I was told they would not receive the suite perks. I was tempted to hang up and call back because we all know we get different answers from different reps. The concern there is whether it would actually happen once on the ship just because rep ABC told me on the phone on a given day.

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I will write a letter because it seems to be a reasonable request and something that should be easy for Celebrity to implement. I see it as an opportunity to garner loyalty to the brand.

I am one of those who did suggest you write. However, on reading your last post surely you do not expect Celebrity to allow the two guests who are booked in the C cabin unlimited access to Luminae and Michael's Club without paying an additional cost?

I do understand the shared space suits you and your wish to dine and drink together but if you were on another cruise line offering a two bed suite you would be paying more for that than for one suit and one C room.

Perhaps I have misunderstood...my apologies if that is the case, but the obvious response of Celebrity would be that they could not give one C room couple, at no additional charge, unlimited access to Michael's Club and Luminae.

I do genuinely think the whole room system could do with some adjustments to give family and friendship groups more flexibility following the introduction of the 'suite life'. However, you can not expect something a lot of people have paid a lot of money for to be provided for free to two guests because you are in a suite...

Perhaps as others have suggested you look at alternative room set ups or simply invite your friend to dine with you in Luminae some nights and pay and on other evenings you dine with them in the MDR.

Edited by chemmo

I'm having a hard time understanding why you think Celebrity should make an "exception" for your friends in Concierge Class. People are paying hard earned money for the suite benefits, as would you in a Royal Suite. And you think Celebrity should bend the rules because your friends are not in a suite? I don't think any cruise line would do that, at least not without charging extra for the added benefit. I believe it is $50/night/pp to have someone dine with you in Luminae. As for Michael's Club, the rules are pretty straightforward. Not in a suite or Zenith? No access.

In your pursuit of another cruise line that will allow this, I think you will find that you are out of luck there, as well (without paying extra). Having said that, I wish you well.

We booked a Royal Suite for our December cruise. When friends & 1st time cruisers wanted to join us they knew that they would have to book at least a Sky Suite in order to dine with us and go to Michaels Club. They booked the adjacent Royal Suite. Your friends should book at least a Sky Suite and then there are no issues with Luminae and Michaels Club.

Otherwise they can join you for dinner, on a space available basis, in Luminae for $50 per person per night, or in any of the specialty restaurants where discounts might be available.

I did call Celebrity and was told if the people in the concierge cabin are children they would be permitted to go to Michael's and Luminae. In my case, we are traveling with very good friends - adults. I was told they would not receive the suite perks. I was tempted to hang up and call back because we all know we get different answers from different reps. The concern there is whether it would actually happen once on the ship just because rep ABC told me on the phone on a given day.

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I will write a letter because it seems to be a reasonable request and something that should be easy for Celebrity to implement. I see it as an opportunity to garner loyalty to the brand.

I dont think your request is reasonable at all. Not to be out of line, but why would you expect your very good friends to be entitled to suite perks? They are paying for a concierge cabin and just because you are staying in the adjoining RS doesn't give them special treatment.

I have traveled in a RS twice before with family staying in sky suites. They could have easily stayed in a balcony or concierge cabin, but wanted to enjoy some of the perks that we were getting, so they bumped up to the SS.

We were invited to the Capt's table for dinner, a bridge tour another day, my good friends were not. You're line of thinking, I should have asked for them to be invited also, because they were traveling with us?

I am staying in the PH on my next cruise. Again, family is joining us. If they book a balcony cabin, should they have all the amenities I am getting because we are "together" Of course not. So that we can dine together and enjoy Michael's Club, they booked sky suites.

Sorry, but if your friends want suite perks, they should book a suite.

I certainly think that it is different if it is just friends in the adjoining CC room.

Perhaps Celebrity should consider a resolution to this issue by offering adjoining rooms for the price of 4 sharing the Royal Suite plus the cost of the adjoining room - that would be fair as the guests would be paying for the perks and the extra room. However, I suspect that, similarly to solos, Celebrity would think they were losing out and also want to charge a surcharge in addition.