AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

Just checked my AMEX account(s). Found this... not RCL but...

Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $500+ while booking cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn or Cunard by 4/14/2017. See www dot wlcl dot com / amex . Terms and exclusions apply.

Just checked my AMEX account(s). Found this... not RCL but...

Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $500+ while booking cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn or Cunard by 4/14/2017. See www dot wlcl dot com / amex . Terms and exclusions apply.

Yes that's been available for some time and I posted about it here on 12/23. Whoever is paying for it must have a tremendous budget since AMEX offers typically have a limited number of clips available. I ended up using it on 5 of my cards when I booked a HAL cruise, and will use it on at least 2 more to buy some OBC as the cruise date approaches. I won't say that I only booked the cruise because of the offer, but it got me thinking about HAL and definitely caused me to upgrade to a suite when a great offer popped up, since AMEX paid $100 of it.

As for the current RCCL offer, it was gone within 2 days of it become available on or around 12/1.

Edited by MisterBill99

I just received $100 back from my AMEX Plat- same day as booked. Offer was $100 off $450 RCCL purchase on rccl website with amex. I bought the drink package for $453 and noticed the $100 refund this morn from yesterday, same day!! Nice bonus and helped in decision to buy the drink package since I purchased cruise via costco and had to use visa.

Interesting, I had no idea they only took Visa/MC. I just tried a mock reservation and got to the payment page and discovered that.

Do they take MC? The store only takes Visa, NOT MC.

BTW - thanks to the OP, I just got my $100 credit, posted within hours of making a payment on my AMEX.

Do they take MC? The store only takes Visa, NOT MC.
Yes I know what the store does. But their non-travel website actually takes all cards (you can actually buy a Costco gift card with an AMEX and have it mailed to you to use in the store). So it was interesting that the travel site only does Visa and Mastercard. I wonder if they took AMEX before the changeover to Visa last year.

BTW I am the OP (at least for the December 2016 version of the offer), so you're welcome.

Edited by MisterBill99

Does anyone know if Amex offers disappear after a certain number of people add the offer to their account or do the disappear after a certain number of people use the offer?

I'm wondering if an offer appears, if I'm able to add it to my list of offers, if I then have until the expiration date to use it, or if I merely have 1-2 days until a certain number of people both add and use it?

Also - does anyone have any insight as to when the next Royal Caribbean Amex offer might come out? Does anyone know if there are any Royal Caribbean sales in the near future? Thank you very much.

Does anyone know if Amex offers disappear after a certain number of people add the offer to their account or do the disappear after a certain number of people use the offer?

I'm wondering if an offer appears, if I'm able to add it to my list of offers, if I then have until the expiration date to use it, or if I merely have 1-2 days until a certain number of people both add and use it?

Also - does anyone have any insight as to when the next Royal Caribbean Amex offer might come out? Does anyone know if there are any Royal Caribbean sales in the near future? Thank you very much.

If you have added the offer it is not going to disappear until it expires. You should add any offers you see when you see them if you think you might use them.

As far as when they might have another offer, I have not noticed any trend. We don't know if they will ever have a Royal Caribbean offer it again.

You should check AMEX often for offers.

For Costco- I actually didn't look very closely to say if only visa/mc on their travel. I actually assumed I could no longer use my AMEX. When they ended that relationship this past year, I was very disappointed. My new AMEX offers show offer on Carnival, Princess, etc.

What offer????? A new one????

I suspect she's talking about the Carnival/Princess/HAL offer, although I only see Royal cruises listed on her signature. The current Royal offer is good thru the 15th so it's extremely unlikely there would be a new one (and I just looked and did not see it).

Edited by MisterBill99

I suspect she's talking about the Carnival/Princess/HAL offer. The current Royal offer is good thru the 15th so it's extremely unlikely there would be a new one (and I just looked and did not see it).

I looked tonight, too. We never sail with those lines in that one but lo and behold Carnival is putting Vista (the new one) at Galveston, our only drivable port. I'm glad I added the offer to my card. Already used that last RC one to pay on Freedom TA!

Sorry to get hopes up...it was the the Royal offer that came out in December was spend $450 get $100 credit that was gone after a few days after Amex released it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, I did that one, as well as the spend $500 and saved $150 on Celebrity one in August I think it was

I have used several cruiseline offers on Amex but have had only one offer available at any given time. A new one was added this morning, but, unfortunately, it is for Oceania.

When we used an offer for Baer's Furniture in December, the Baer's salesperson told us that the companies aren't automatically allowed to participate, but have to be selected by Amex. Baer's competed with other furniture companies to be selected to make an offer during that time period. If that is true, Oceania will be the only cruiseline with an offer for now.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

I have used several cruiseline offers on Amex but have had only one offer available at any given time. A new one was added this morning, but, unfortunately, it is for Oceania.

When we used an offer for Baer's Furniture in December, the Baer's salesperson told us that the companies aren't automatically allowed to participate, but have to be selected by Amex. Baer's competed with other furniture companies to be selected to make an offer during that time period. If that is true, Oceania will be the only cruiseline with an offer for now.

Not so. I have had multiple cruise line offers at the same time. And right now I have both Oceania and World's Leading Cruise Lines. Even furniture I have Baer's and Furnitureland South. Taxes, HR Block digital and Turbotax. Two limo services and two flower companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
I've been checking daily for new Amex offers and finally see one this morning - for NCL. $100 statement credit for $500 spent.

Wow, the one line I wouldn't go on right now after reading about How they have handled the NCL Star situation. At least the tugs are pulling her to port in Australia this morning.

• 5 months later...
Just curious if anyone has seen the offer over last few months? Our final payment is due on 8/24 and trying to hold off til then to see if anything happens to pop up again :)

I've been watching for a while and haven't seen it. Our final payment is due 8/15 and I've been holding out waiting as well.