Crown and Anchor Refused Points

So...not really a question about points but curious if anyone knows how this works. There is a family of with us on a June cruise and they added a friend to there reservation. That friend now can't go but obviously paid for the trip. Can the family get part of the money paid by the friend applied as a ship board credit, since majority of the party is still traveling or is it just lost?

So...not really a question about points but curious if anyone knows how this works. There is a family of with us on a June cruise and they added a friend to there reservation. That friend now can't go but obviously paid for the trip. Can the family get part of the money paid by the friend applied as a ship board credit, since majority of the party is still traveling or is it just lost?

If the booking is not in the 100% penalty period, then any refund will go back to the credit card that made the booking.

Everyone here is curious: Did you have travel insurance? Did you receive a refund?

I hope that your medical issues have been positively resolved, and wish you only good health and good cruises from here on out.

I'm not curious. It is an interesting question but as another poster said, you don't get airlines points either for no shows, and I'm pretty sure the same goes for hotels. Plus, why would you buy a cruise as others stated, just to move up in status? I can't see why that would be worth all the money unless I was rich, and just wanted to make a donation to the company.:D

So if its not if/how much you paid, but how many nights you actually sailed, then riddle me this:

I booked / paid for a Balcony, and got upgraded to a Junior Suite. Will I get the double points? If its not what you paid, but what you sailed, and I sailed in the Junior Suite...

So if its not if/how much you paid, but how many nights you actually sailed, then riddle me this:

I booked / paid for a Balcony, and got upgraded to a Junior Suite. Will I get the double points? If its not what you paid, but what you sailed, and I sailed in the Junior Suite...

You would get single point if you were upgraded to the JS for anything less than the going price.

The points are based on what you paid, IF you sailed.

You would get single point if you were upgraded to the JS for anything less than the going price.

The points are based on what you paid, IF you sailed.

OK, kinda makes sense.

They'll give you the points, but only if they have you and your SeaPass card "captive" for a week.

I'm not curious. It is an interesting question but as another poster said, you don't get airlines points either for no shows, and I'm pretty sure the same goes for hotels. Plus, why would you buy a cruise as others stated, just to move up in status? I can't see why that would be worth all the money unless I was rich, and just wanted to make a donation to the company.:D

A few years ago I was booked on a cruise on Allure with my fiancee; her first RCI sailing, she would obtain whatever status I had when we got off of that cruise. I would have been one point shy of Diamond. womp womp.

So I took a two night cruise as a solo on Vision of the Seas before our cruise together. It was a sampler cruise out of drydock. The prices were ridiculously low. Even with the solo supplement my grand total out the door with taxes, fees, and gratuities was only $250. For doing this I got 4 points (two points per night for solo).

So when we got off our planned Allure cruise I was Diamond and since she was enrolled in to C&A she became Diamond as well at that point.

We then took a 10 night honeymoon cruise as Diamond members instead of as Emerald members. 10 nights of Diamond perks were certainly worth the $250 and 2 days off I had to use.

To be honest, if I could have just paid the $250 for the Vision cruise and not have used my time off to go I would have done so.

So I completely understand why Royal makes it so you much complete the cruise to get the points. I guess OP here didn't have insurance and is sore about being out the money with nothing to show.

It's called "euphemism". I was trying to be polite and hoping that the OP would come back and respond.

Alas, no. He didn't get the response and sympathy he wanted, so he has stayed away.

I agree with the way RCI handles These situations. If you don´t sail you don´t get the Points. Way too often we´ve heard how People would have liked to buy themselves up in the C&A Levels By booking a cheap cruise but not having the time to actually travel, or wanting to avoid the extra travel cost.

Afterall it´s a loyalty Programm and they want to thank you for using their product (and paying for it;))

As for insurance, the OP even might have had insurance and not lost any Money (besides the insurance premium) but still wants the Points as RCI got their Money.

For those having been awarded the full Points even though their cruise was cut short for various reasons, these People will usually have been there and thus they are on the manifest.

I dont see anything wrong with buying C & A and I dont understand why Royal doesnt do it? Its just pure profit isnt it?

If you book a 4 night cruise just to get CA points with no intention of going and cancel after final payment then RC sells your room, they made double profit.

(The Policy should be you get points if you cancelled cruise after final payment but X number of days before sailing so RC has time to sell your room)

Or since we are making the airline comparison, they should offer "Mileage Booster" call it sale day booster. Pay $1,000 per sail point, or something.

I'm with OP on this one. If it's truly about nights sailed, then there should be no double points for single pax or suite guests. Cruise paid = c & a points. My guess is the RC doesn't do it because of their partial refund policies. Would you be entitled to points if you paid 75%, etc. So on the the other side, it also makes sense from a business standpoint. It certainly has nothing to do with money spent onboard as others have suggested. Sorry OP, I sure feel for you though, it's like a double whammy.

I've paid for a couple of extra cruises by not paying for any cruise insurance. Even if I miss one in 7 cruises, I would still come out ahead. ROLL EYES at all judgmental insurance folk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you never get injured on a ship or in a foreign country and need a medical flight home. Nice to know you are responsible enough not to cry to others for help about it though and accept that personal responsibility.

I dont see anything wrong with buying C & A and I dont understand why Royal doesnt do it? Its just pure profit isnt it?

If you book a 4 night cruise just to get CA points with no intention of going and cancel after final payment then RC sells your room, they made double profit.

(The Policy should be you get points if you cancelled cruise after final payment but X number of days before sailing so RC has time to sell your room)

Or since we are making the airline comparison, they should offer "Mileage Booster" call it sale day booster. Pay $1,000 per sail point, or something.

Almost 2000 posts in the current edition C&A thread of people bargaining against the mirror about what they are willing to lose and still remain loyal as the program is too successful and must be cut back; don't think they will start selling points for $$$ any time soon. But I get your point.

I highly doubt it would be pure Profit, you never know how much the C&A Level will cost them depending on the perks being used and how often.

Airline comparisons are apples to oranges.

Airlines usually have frequent Flyer Programms while the cruise lines run loyalty Programms.

Airline miles / Points have some monetary value. You get those miles / Points and use / spend them for certain Things. If you don´t spend them they will expire with many Airline Programms. C&A Points can´t be spent for anything and they don´t expire. They don´t have a monetary value.

With Airlines they have either moved to a System where Points are awarded to determin Membership Levels and a different miles / Point System is used for spending purposes. Or they go By how many Points have been earned within a certain time period (often a year). Now cruiselines have a way different System here, which is really not comparable.

At this time C&A Levels are given for lifetime and there is no expiration date on the Level or the Points.

Airline Business and Cruise Business is certainly different. Airlines don´t offer a vacation, they are public Transport. Cruiselines Transport People, but the purpose of a cruise is not so much getting from A to B but to vacation.

With this said, Airlines are aiming for the frequent Flyer which is most of the time the Business Person, but of Course those Programms are not limited to them. They want to reward the Frequent Flyers By giving them some perks, but mostly it is about getting Points to buy more flights, Upgrades, or other stuff.

As I said totally apples to oranges.

I think that is a very different type of situation. The cruise was cut short by a RCCL decision for safety. They should give you the points!!!!!!!!!

Right...I was just agreeing with the point that there are situations in which you WILL get your points, even if the cruise is not completed. I think there would be an outcry if no points were given in such a situation, although I would not complain if they were pro-rated to the number of nights actually spent aboard.

Ho Hum....nothing better to contemplate?......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1) RCCL may have no idea if a customer had 3rd party insurance to refund the cruise cost. A person I know had to cancel their cruise at the last minute because of work. Their company reimbursed them for the loss.

So you have to board the ship to get the points

2) we purchased a cruise for others as a gift. We paid, they sailed. They got the C&A points.

Makes sense to me.