beverage packages

cruisebeach45

Our daughter & son-in-law have a classic beverage package included as a booking perk. I want to upgrade them to a premium package. I know I can do that once we board, but I was interested in doing it on-line in advance.

When I went to their account on-line, there was no record of the included package & I did not see a way to upgrade them to a premium package on-line.

Any advice?

If you are Capt Club members, call them, they will get it all taken care of for you. Otherwise wait till on board to upgrade, IMHO.:D

We can choose any two perks with our booking. Right now we have OBC and gratuities and we were going to purchase the premium no alcohol beverage package when we board because we don't drink alcohol but we do want to be able to have frozen virgin drinks, bottled water and Red Bull. From what I can tell, the Classic package, that I can get a perk, for $55 per person/day, does not cover Red Bull. Anyone know for sure? I'd also like specialty coffees from Al Baccio.

Hi, can someone help me with understanding what "premium coffees" are included in the classic and premium drink packages? Some in this thread have mentioned using their package at Caffe al bacio, but the celebrity website isn't clear as to what is actually included in their plans regarding espresso/coffee drinks at al bacio? Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi, can someone help me with understanding what "premium coffees" are included in the classic and premium drink packages? Some in this thread have mentioned using their package at Caffe al bacio, but the celebrity website isn't clear as to what is actually included in their plans regarding espresso/coffee drinks at al bacio? Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

What makes the difference in the cost and if it is covered is the liquor you add to the coffee. Everything on the menu under $9.00 is covered under the Classic guideline's.

Here is a link to the menu. http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-cafe-al-bacio-and-gelateria

For our 10 days on the Equinox last Thanksgiving, there were over 70 ZERO charge listings from the Café on our final bill.

Edited by wallie5446

My parents are paying for all of us to go on the cruise, and they chose OBC and gratuities because most of the people in our party don't drink much (or any) alcohol or soft drinks. So DH and I are going to pay out of pocket for drinks the first day or two and get a feel for the cost and frequency of our drinking (it's a port-intensive cruise - off the ship most days) and then decide if to buy any kind of package for the remainder of the 9-day cruise. We will decide for sure by our sea day - I can see that as our most alcohol-intensive day. DH can't get the rum he likes on board and doesn't really like anything else other than beer and the occasional liqueur. He also doesn't drink espresso coffees or bottled water - he will be happy with the regular coffee and ship water. So the likelihood is that he'll continue to pay by the drink. I like a wide variety of drinks and wine, not expensive brands, just flavour varieties, and I do enjoy lattes some mornings. So I will likely end up with a classic package for maybe the last 6 days of the cruise.

Thanks!

We just returned from the May 22 sailing and enjoyed the classic package.

Everything at the Caffe Al Baccio was covered by the package (under $8).

Natalia provded flawless service even late in the day (open to midnight).

We tried Aspen Coffee, Cafe Ole (both with alcohol) as well as Americano, Cappuccino and of course the pastries, which tasted better here than elsewhere on the ship.

Hi,

We are on the solstice in a few months and contemplating upgrading to the premium package, can anyone tell me the cost per day to upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually US $11.80 pp per day. AUD will depend on the exchange rate at the time and the way that's fluctuating who knows? ;)

Thank you, we have OBC so I think we might just just that. [emoji1360]

Hi,

We are on the solstice in a few months and contemplating upgrading to the premium package, can anyone tell me the cost per day to upgrade?

Thank you, we have OBC so I think we might just just that. [emoji1360]

We have waited till on ship our last 3 cruises to make use of the OBC too.

$10.00 + 18% grat = $11.80 total to upgrade. Great plan!

If you have a free drinks package, are the gratuities included?

Yes they are. They will swipe your card but there is nothing to sign. You can always tip additional in cash, but gratuities are already included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was just wondering , when people say premium bottled waters, what do they mean? I have basic bev package as perk and hope to get bottled sparkling water - It doesn't matter what brand- Will this be possible?

I looked that up, but couldn't find the basic package did you mean the classic? If so the answer would be no , that is available with the premium package or the premium water package. Pellegrino https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When logged into my upcoming cruise planner, the Classic package is listed as $49.50 and the Premium at $58.50. Did the prices actually go down? When I booked my cruise, the Classic package was $55. If I paid $55, would I be able to upgrade to the Premium for $3.50?

Has anyone experienced this?

When logged into my upcoming cruise planner, the Classic package is listed as $49.50 and the Premium at $58.50. Did the prices actually go down? When I booked my cruise, the Classic package was $55. If I paid $55, would I be able to upgrade to the Premium for $3.50?

Has anyone experienced this?

The prices you quoted are with out the mandatory service fees. It's $10.00 a day to up grade plus 18%. The premium package is closer to $70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are booked into a Sky Suite on Connie later on this year and have the classic drinks package included in the price. I had decided that we would most likely upgrade to the premium package when we got on-board however Sky suites now have access to Michael's club so my question is - is the upgrade worthwhile or not ?

I know this is not really a vital point but still hope somebody can provide an answer for me.