Post-cruise stay near Tampa: Safety Harbour, Treasure Island or ???

sjf

Couple in their 60s arriving in Tampa at the end of October. Looking to spend 3 nights not too far away in a small resort or motel near the ocean so we can explore the area a little and go for walks along the beach. We will hire a car.

if anyone has stayed at treasure Island or Saftey Harbour, do you think either of these would be a good place to base ourselves? Any other suggestions welcome too.

Safety Harbor is quaint and has a great Spa but is not directly on the Gulf. Treasure Island will give you the beach experience for sunset walks and plenty to do without needing a car. Both are nice areas but somewhat different.

The Alden Beach Resort is located on St.Pete Beach. It's within a mile of Treasure Island so the same general area. The Alden gives you a big bang for your buck as all of the rooms are suites. This will give you a bedroom plus a separate kitchen, dining and living area plus a balcony or patio.

They offer direct beach front or pool view. The rates are really good here compared to other resorts that will just offer a room. This is my hotel of choice when staying on the beach. There is plenty to do within walking distance so not having a car is not a big issue.

Also, check out BATS taxi and private car service for the Gulf Beaches area. They've been around for years and are very reputable.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

from Pass a Grill to the north of Clearwater Beach you can't go wrong

{depending on the property} ...... what is being mentioned are large properties

I'd recommend looking for a small place ... and if I was looking ... I'd try to be near John's Pass

There's plenty of places to eat & shop around JP if you are new to the area

if you are experienced in the area, then skip the specific location ..... but be SURE to go get a Grouper samich' at the Hurricane in Pass a Grill!!!!!

from Pass a Grill to the north of Clearwater Beach you can't go wrong

{depending on the property} ...... what is being mentioned are large properties

I'd recommend looking for a small place ... and if I was looking ... I'd try to be near John's Pass

There's plenty of places to eat & shop around JP if you are new to the area

if you are experienced in the area, then skip the specific location ..... but be SURE to go get a Grouper samich' at the Hurricane in Pass a Grill!!!!!

This!!

Thanks for the advice all. I'll take a look at John,s Pass, I had not heard of that.

Johns Pass is really amazing.

The views from Bubba Gump and Hooters are off the chart.

We also love the tiki bar with the weird name.