Getaway H6 odd availability

We are a family of 4 cruising Oct 2, 2016 on Getaway in an M6 cabin. I've been checking prices weekly on our current category, but also checking Haven rooms thinking we could probably use a little more room to spread out.

If I do a mock booking for our date with 4 pax, it shows there is H6 availability but only as a guarantee rate. I wanted to see which rooms might actually be available, so I checked the same with only 2 pax and it shows the H6 as sold out. If I check using 3 pax, it comes up as unavailable. Any thoughts as to why I could book the room for 4, but not for 2 or 3?

A GTY means you will get at least that category, if not higher. They would either upgrade someone from an H6 to a higher category and put you in the H6 or, more likely they will just move you into an H4 or H3. Also you're well before the paid-in-full date, so some of those H6's will likely come back into circulation.

Thanks for the insight, Mike. I knew that the GTY meant that category or higher, but didn't take into consideration that more availability might open up after final payment date or when the remaining rooms got assigned.

I also checked one of the online travel sites out of curiosity and found that there is in fact 1 H6 available for that sailing- 14872 :)

I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if they are now actually allowing guarantee suite booking (which I would find hard to believe).

I just tried it for your sailing and normally when it glitched out in the past offering a suite guarantee when you went to the next step it would error out but today it actually proceeded.

There was one other post I replied to this a.m. basically saying it was the first I had heard about them being able to book a suite guarantee - this was on the Jewel where it was a H3 and it said guarantee and they actually got room 9504 which is one of the 4 H3s on the Jewel.

I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if they are now actually allowing guarantee suite booking (which I would find hard to believe).

I just tried it for your sailing and normally when it glitched out in the past offering a suite guarantee when you went to the next step it would error out but today it actually proceeded.

There was one other post I replied to this a.m. basically saying it was the first I had heard about them being able to book a suite guarantee - this was on the Jewel where it was a H3 and it said guarantee and they actually got room 9504 which is one of the 4 H3s on the Jewel.

I wonder if they're playing with GTY offerings instead of the massive amounts of upsells they're having to do to keep The Haven full. Sailing in 8 days on Escape and took an upsell to an H6 at about 55% of "retail" pricing. Haven cabins were about 50% booked at 30 days out when they started offering upsells. As of this morning there is 1 left - a forward PH on 9.

I wonder if they're playing with GTY offerings instead of the massive amounts of upsells they're having to do to keep The Haven full. Sailing in 8 days on Escape and took an upsell to an H6 at about 55% of "retail" pricing. Haven cabins were about 50% booked at 30 days out when they started offering upsells. As of this morning there is 1 left - a forward PH on 9.

Not sure what is going on, but there has been on/off availability for the H3/H4/H6 (sometimes as a guarantee, sometimes not) on our sailing since the end of March when I started keeping track. Not ready to pull the trigger yet as the H6 is more than double the cost of our current reservation in an M6 ($7560 vs $3520)