Gem is canceling GSC again this week!

emcemt

Exactly! There are suckers that will spend their money on anything as long as they believe it's exclusive.

You're so wrong, it's not about being a sucker, they just want extra with their vacation. Why not, they work hard for their money and if they want some indulgence then so be it.

You're so wrong, it's not about being a sucker, they just want extra with their vacation. Why not, they work hard for their money and if they want some indulgence then so be it.

That's not even what I'm talking about.

Exactly! There are suckers that will spend their money on anything as long as they believe it's exclusive.

As long as they are not spending your money

then why to you care? I would not think

them suckers, they are going into it knowing

full well what they are spending their money on

but you have your opinion and I have mine!

Marion

As long as they are not spending your money

then why to you care? I would not think

them suckers, they are going into it knowing

full well what they are spending their money on

but you have your opinion and I have mine!

Marion

Exactly! I certainly have no problem with it! My point is, NCL can put ANYTHING on that island, and if they label it "exclusive", someone will pay for it. For example, NCL can say a certain cabana is exclusive because it has a pink flower painted on a table, and no other cabana has a pink flower, and someone will fork over extra money for that reason. It doesn't have to be luxury. It just has to be labeled as exclusive. I have no problem with that whatsoever, but I won't be the one forking over extra money for the pink painted flower on a table. And yes, I will laugh at the person who does. You might not think them suckers. That's fine. But I do. And guess what? NCL does too, and they love them because lots of money can be made from suckers.

Come on back with the ol' "but people like luxury! You are just jealous because you don't have that pink flower!" I dare ya.

Edited by LrgPizza

Exactly! I certainly have no problem with it! My point is, NCL can put ANYTHING on that island, and if they label it "exclusive", someone will pay for it. For example, NCL can say a certain cabana is exclusive because it has a pink flower painted on a table, and no other cabana has a pink flower, and someone will fork over extra money for that reason. It doesn't have to be luxury. It just has to be labeled as exclusive. I have no problem with that whatsoever, but I won't be the one forking over extra money for the pink painted flower on a table. And yes, I will laugh at the person who does. You might not think them suckers. That's fine. But I do. And guess what? NCL does too, and they love them because lots of money can be made from suckers.

Come on back with the ol' "but people like luxury! You are just jealous because you don't have that pink flower!" I dare ya.[/quote

I would never come back with a reply like that,

I don't know you, therefore I can and will not judge

you, It's not in my nature to put others down.

Have a wonderful day and a very nice week-end

Marion

is that mean GSC wont be opend until summer of 2017? Previous news release stated the island will be closed from August to Oct of 2016 for renovation. My trip is Dec.... :eek: Going to Nassau?

is that mean GSC wont be opend until summer of 2017? Previous news release stated the island will be closed from August to Oct of 2016 for renovation. My trip is Dec.... :eek: Going to Nassau?

I don't know, I wonder if they could do some

of the improvements while still allowing passengers

on to the Island! Maybe they are doing the major

improvements while the Island is closed, and then

open it back up while still working on it.

I guess all this remains to be seen, but I hope

that you will be able to enjoy the Island for

your cruise!

Marion

Will be on the Gem in October, hope they have it fixed by then:D

My nephew was on the Gem sailing for August 2016 and was notified that they are cancelling GSC, so I think the construction will take a while. It was replaced with Miami and since he has been there so many times and it will be the second port of call in Florida because it already stops at Port Canaveral he cancelled the cruise because he did not want to go to just Florida and Nassau.

We went on this same Norwegian cruise out of NYC 2 years ago and had a great time. Fast forward to 3 months ago when we decided to book the same cruise and eagerly anticipated another enjoyable week on the Gem. Imagine our disappointment when we got an email the week of embarkation telling us of a change in itinerary that would leave out the day to be spent at Great Stirrup Cay. We tried to make the best of the situation by booking an excursion to "The Blue Lagoon" in Nassau at a cost of $130.00. However, it was a poor substitute for GSC. Aside from that disappointment, the cruise was great.....the ship was clean, food and entertainment was excellent and I cannot say enough good things about the crew and staff on the Gem. My only criticism is the lack of the day at GSC that we had eagerly anticipated. If it were not for that, we would probably be confirmed Norwegian fans.

My family also loves the Gem and we like it much better than the breakaway. I think this construction will last a long time since my nephew received an email that they cancelled GSC for his August 2016 sailing due to construction.

Edited by Irene7

My family also loves the Gem and we like it much better than the breakaway. I think this construction will last a long time since my nephew received an email that they cancelled GSC for his August 2016 sailing due to construction.

All cruises to GSC are canceld from August until October

hopefully they will resume after that, but nothing is

ever certain . I could just be on the ship and be quite

happy😀

Marion

There has been an article posted on cruise critic's News thread about the construction and what is to come. It appears that the lagoon will now be exclusive to the people renting villas, which makes me very unhappy. I don't want an air conditioned villa on an island or I would just stay on the ship. I understand some people like villas and you do what makes you happy, but the lagoon should be for everyone's use. I much rather swim there in lieu of the beaches because I love the calm water. There will also be a boardwalk so I'm now thinking it will remind me of the Jersey Shores but with blue water :(. There are a lot of other changes that do seem exciting though.

Edited by Irene7

It's very similar to paying for haven access - for example, I don't care much for having a large suite room, but I do care to have Haven/Suite amenities - NCL has managed to monetize the lagoon.

I saw that earlier today on the NCL Facebook page. Scratching my head about the Exclusive Lagoon Retreat with studio, one and two bedroom villas. Isn't GSC just a one day "port stop", if so why would there be a need for a villa with accommodations for up to 10 people?

I read it this morning too and all I kept seeing was a/c here, a/c there, isn't it supposed to be a beach day? If I wanted to sit in cool air the whole day I'd stay on the ship.

I read it this morning too and all I kept seeing was a/c here, a/c there, isn't it supposed to be a beach day? If I wanted to sit in cool air the whole day I'd stay on the ship.[/quote

We really don't know what is going to happen

with the Villas, maybe they will make it an over

night stop? We just don't know until it is

completed, why not just wait and see? It's not

like we can change anything . I'm excited for

all the changes, surely I can't be the only one!

Marion

I read it this morning too and all I kept seeing was a/c here, a/c there, isn't it supposed to be a beach day? If I wanted to sit in cool air the whole day I'd stay on the ship.

The island itself won't have A/C so there will be plenty of outdoor space free of that annoying A/C.... just because locations have it doesn't mean it's mandatory to be in a/c.

On the flip side of that coin, there are many cancer survivors or people with health issues or fair skin that can NOT be on the beach in the hot sun .... with the a/c option, they may be able to now go to the island and enjoy the day with family.

Edited by esm54687

The island itself won't have A/C so there will be plenty of outdoor space free of that annoying A/C.... just because locations have it doesn't mean it's mandatory to be in a/c.

On the flip side of that coin, there are many cancer survivors or people with health issues or fair skin that can NOT be on the beach in the hot sun .... with the a/c option, they may be able to now go to the island and enjoy the day with family.

Very good point !

Marion

It's very similar to paying for haven access - for example, I don't care much for having a large suite room, but I do care to have Haven/Suite amenities - NCL has managed to monetize the lagoon.

I hear what your saying and if this were a brand new island to the passengers and not just renovated and it was originally set up that the lagoon was an amenity for villa renters only, than I don't think anyone would care. But they are taking what was once for everyone and something a lot of passengers enjoyed. The beach is large so I wish they would have set up the villas somewhere else and just allowed a section of the beach to be used exclusively by villa renters. I just feel they should have left the lagoon as it was and I will miss the lagoon. I don't want to rent a villa because I spend the majority of my time on the island in the water or basking in the sun. Don't mind me, I'm just disappointed.

Edited by Irene7

I love the idea of the lockers and more amenities but I hate that they found a way to monetize the nicest part of the island and the trams. I suppose it was only a matter of time since it was under utilized and too nice to waste.

Oh well, maybe I'll just book a spa treatment and get to use it that way!

I just thought it was a bit odd they mentioned it so much. To me that means the Marketing folks are targeting someone/group.

As far as the overnight stays others mentioned, I guess that is a possibility but as others have mentioned what happens if the seas are rough the next day and they can't/won't tender?

Edited by dexddd

I just thought it was a bit odd they mentioned it so much. To me that means the Marketing folks are targeting someone/group.

As far as the overnight stays others mentioned, I guess that is a possibility but as others have mentioned what happens if the seas are rough the next day and they can't/won't tender?

myself, I'm just not going to worry about it, and wait

until it is finished and the excursions are open to book.

Then we will know for sure how it is all going to work out.

I only worry about things i can control, and this I the only

control I have is what to book and not to book.

Marion :)