May WOW sale 5/17-5/21 Reduced Deposits

Just a heads up that the upcoming May WOW Sale will be adding 50% reduced deposits to the current BOGO60 May Saver promo.

OFFER DETAILS:

Booking Window: May 17-21, 2016

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after June 17, 2016. Offer excludes China departures

Offer details:

Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 60% Off (30% off 3rd & higher)

Up to $200 per stateroom Onboard Credit

50% Reduced Deposit

Onboard Credit

5 Nights or less: $50 USD Per Stateroom

6 to 9 Nights: $100 USD Per Stateroom

10 Nights or Longer: $200 USD Per Stateroom

As usual, the OBC is not combinable with C&A discounts.

Newbies please note that the 50% reduced deposit does NOT reduce the cruise price but it does reduce the amount of money you have to pay up front since the rest is not due until final payment.

~ Judy

Just a heads up that the upcoming May WOW Sale will be adding 50% reduced deposits to the current BOGO60 May Saver promo.

OFFER DETAILS:

Booking Window: May 17-21, 2016

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after June 17, 2016. Offer excludes China departures

Offer details:

Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 60% Off (30% off 3rd & higher)

Up to $200 per stateroom Onboard Credit

50% Reduced Deposit

Onboard Credit

5 Nights or less: $50 USD Per Stateroom

6 to 9 Nights: $100 USD Per Stateroom

10 Nights or Longer: $200 USD Per Stateroom

As usual, the OBC is not combinable with C&A discounts.

Newbies please note that the 50% reduced deposit does NOT reduce the cruise price but it does reduce the amount of money you have to pay up front since the rest is not due until final payment.

~ Judy

This sale has been advertised on social media but not really sure if it applies Globally = is not on the Royal website in Australia as yet. Actually the ad I saw said 15th May which is today here in Oz.

What is a C & A discount? You said OBC is not combinable with c a.

C&A members at the Platinum level and above get discounts on any stateroom with a balcony.

I am Platinum so i get $100 OBC. OBC with this offer is $100. Since it's not combineable it's a wash for platinums. If you are higher than platinum your C & A discount is higher I believe so you'd be better off taking the C & A discount if you are on a 7 night or shorter cruise.

Bill

This sale has been advertised on social media but not really sure if it applies Globally = is not on the Royal website in Australia as yet. Actually the ad I saw said 15th May which is today here in Oz.

From what I understand from RCI the reduced deposit will only apply to the USA and Canada

Sorry I didn't specify that it is not global. EJNutz is correct - it only applies to Canada and the USA. The booking window is May 17-21, 2016

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/16050878_May_WOW_TradeFlyers_WOWSALE.pdf

I'm glad I waited to book. My parents want to do Thanksgiving 2017 on Oasis with my husband and me. A reduced deposit is always welcomed!

Hmmm... I agree that a reduced deposit is always welcomed (that's why I posted this thread), but I'd be leery waiting to book the Oasis for Thanksgiving 2017. I have two Boardwalk balconies reserved. Prices for it and several other categories on that sailing have been bouncing around a little this month. (I actually called in for two small price cuts. One when the current BOGO60 resulted in my getting full value of balcony discount, and the second when Royal repriced the neighborhood balconies the other day.)

Does anybody know, if someone books now and pays full deposits, can they cancel and rebook Tuesday at the reduced deposits? Will Royal apply your original payment against the reduced deposit and refund the 50% balance or do you have to pay the reduced deposit and wait for refund of the full original payment?

~ Judy

Sorry I didn't specify that it is not global. EJNutz is correct - it only applies to Canada and the USA. The booking window is May 17-21, 2016

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/16050878_May_WOW_TradeFlyers_WOWSALE.pdf

Hmmm... I agree that a reduced deposit is always welcomed (that's why I posted this thread), but I'd be leery waiting to book the Oasis for Thanksgiving 2017. I have two Boardwalk balconies reserved. Prices for it and several other categories on that sailing have been bouncing around a little this month. (I actually called in for two small price cuts. One when the current BOGO60 resulted in my getting full value of balcony discount, and the second when Royal repriced the neighborhood balconies the other day.)

Does anybody know, if someone books now and pays full deposits, can they cancel and rebook Tuesday at the reduced deposits? Will Royal apply your original payment against the reduced deposit and refund the 50% balance or do you have to pay the reduced deposit and wait for refund of the full original payment?

~ Judy

I am pretty sure that you will make you cancel and re-book instead of just crediting back the 50% of your already paid deposit.

I am pretty sure that you will make you cancel and re-book instead of just crediting back the 50% of your already paid deposit.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Although, to their credit, the two times I've had to cancel a cruise, it only took Royal 2-3 days to refund my deposits. YMMV.

~ Judy

~ Judy

I noticed price changes on our October 2017 cruises (we have a b2b) on oasis and called in. they said they did not see the price change and would not give it to me. One of the people I talked to said he could see it online but there system did not show it so I was out of luck. I called three days in a row because it was there each day. Very annoying that the web site gives one price and RCL sees another. :(

I noticed price changes on our October 2017 cruises (we have a b2b) on oasis and called in. they said they did not see the price change and would not give it to me. One of the people I talked to said he could see it online but there system did not show it so I was out of luck. I called three days in a row because it was there each day. Very annoying that the web site gives one price and RCL sees another. :(

I would try again. Maybe you can take a screenshot of the pricing on their site. I know that a few days ago the pricing on the new releases for the Oasis class ships for end of 2017 changed. For a awhile all balcony cabins were the same price and now they are adjusted. We got our bookings re-priced. I believe the OV and insides were also the same price within their categories and it looks like they have adjusted as well.

Hi! RCCL newbie wanting to try it out. I have a question, me and hubby are looking at booking oasis for 7 day in grand balcony suite and currently it says my deposit would be $500. If I partake in this sale, would that mean my deposit was $250?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi! RCCL newbie wanting to try it out. I have a question, me and hubby are looking at booking oasis for 7 day in grand balcony suite and currently it says my deposit would be $500. If I partake in this sale, would that mean my deposit was $250?

That is correct, $250 per person.

~ Judy

Looks like they prepared for this sale. DH says that all the cruises we've been watching went up today.:rolleyes:

Same here, 6 different cruises went up last evening, just enough to cover the OBC.

Just checked a couple of mine- they went up as well

Mine too. That's why I said I'd be leery waiting for a "sale" to book.

I feel blessed to be able to have a lot of $ tied up in future cruise deposits and many on this board have a huge amount of $$$ tied up. But I think for some, especially young families, reduced versus full deposits may be the difference between whether or not they can afford to book a cruise. It lets them spread out the cost in their budgets, rather than running up their credit cards, while being able to book as soon as they see a cruise they want at a price they can afford.

I wish Royal would offer the reduced deposits more often but without playing pricing games.

~ Judy

Ok, so I have a question. I have my two younger sisters booked for next November on the Adventure.

Because I didn't want them to shell out $265 apiece for the deposit, right now we only have 1 sister booked solo and they split that cost. Would I be able to add on the 2nd person when this sail starts and not have to pay any additional deposit? I told them that we can pay the next deposit in November and add the 2nd sister, but if I can do it now and not pay any extra, might as well.

I would only take this chance if the pricing remained the same ... and I just checked and it's gone up, but only about $60. Plus, I'd get OBC as well, right?

Edited by Virtopia