Liberty missing Cozumel port

That guarantee is not a workable solution in this case--if you read it you'll see that you must notify Guest Services within 24 hours of embarkation that you wish to claim the guarantee. Since the first full day of this cruise is a sea day, and the missed Cozumel ports have been after 24 hours have passed (and with no advance notice) then there is no way to claim it in time.

In order for it to work for you, they'd have to tell the passengers almost immediately after sailaway that the ship will not make port in Cozumel.

That guarantee is not a workable solution in this case--if you read it you'll see that you must notify Guest Services within 24 hours of embarkation that you wish to claim the guarantee. Since the first full day of this cruise is a sea day, and the missed Cozumel ports have been after 24 hours have passed (and with no advance notice) then there is no way to claim it in time.

In order for it to work for you, they'd have to tell the passengers almost immediately after sailaway that the ship will not make port in Cozumel.

What about cancelling before you board simply because they have been missing the port you want, in this case Cozumel? Or would you have to board and tell them as soon as they get underway that the cruise is not for you. I would think they would let you cancel before you board, otherwise they would have to pay your way back, but on a four day cruise, I guess you would have to finish the cruise since there is no port if they can't dock in Cozumel. Edited by oldvato

I have heard the Liberty is having thruster problems and has missed Cozumel a few times recently. Any truth to this? Does the company allow you to cancel if you have a trip booked?

Thanks.

Why? It's partially weather dependant just like missing their island or Mahogany Bay . The ship simply needs tugs to nudge the ship into and away from the dock. One time the tugs couldn't be arranged because of a last minute itinerary change.

What about cancelling before you board simply because they have been missing the port you want, in this case Cozumel? Or would you have to board and tell them as soon as they get underway that the cruise is not for you. I would think they would let you cancel before you board, otherwise they would have to pay your way back, but on a four day cruise, I guess you would have to finish the cruise since there is no port if they can't dock in Cozumel.

If you read the cruise contract that you agreed to, when doing the online check in, ports are not guaranteed so there is no way to cancel and get money back based on the potential of missing ports.

That being said, the ship was in Cozumel today.

If you read the cruise contract that you agreed to, when doing the online check in, ports are not guaranteed so there is no way to cancel and get money back based on the potential of missing ports.

That being said, the ship was in Cozumel today.

I've read the agreement and I know what it says. I just wondered that if a ship is constantly missing a port because of mechanical problems, and you decide you don't want to go, if you could invoke the guarantee prior to boarding, or if you would have to board, and then tell them you are having a miserable time the next morning, in order to get your money back. I know that it would be a pain in the rear to do that. Having said that, I wouldn't go through all that trouble. i was just curious. Edited by oldvato

I've read the agreement and I know what it says. I just wondered that if a ship is constantly missing a port because of mechanical problems, and you decide you don't want to go, if you could invoke the guarantee prior to boarding, or if you would have to board, and then tell them you are having a miserable time the next morning, in order to get your money back. I know that it would be a pain in the rear to do that. Having said that, I wouldn't go through all that trouble. i was just curious.

You don't even have to tell them why. It's supposed to be a non ask program, For any reason.

Carnival should dry dock the ship and get her fixed.

This is one of those things that probably doesn't require a dry dock. They're likely waiting on parts.

I'd hesitate to call for her to be drydocked as there are thousands of people who have waited months for their cruise and would rather be inconvenienced than have to deal with a full cancellation.

This is one of those things that probably doesn't require a dry dock. They're likely waiting on parts.

I'd hesitate to call for her to be drydocked as there are thousands of people who have waited months for their cruise and would rather be inconvenienced than have to deal with a full cancellation.

Actually wouldn't want to sail with a bunch of disgruntled passengers ticked off because their itinerary was changed. It damages the atmosphere normally found on board.

Actually wouldn't want to sail with a bunch of disgruntled passengers ticked off because their itinerary was changed. It damages the atmosphere normally found on board.
It shouldn't be changed since they are using tugboats. Several of the five day itineraries have been changed, including ours in July. It's always been Progresso first and then Cozumel on the five day cruises. Now it's going to be Cozumel first and Progresso 2nd. They call it Cozumel Plus because now they can arrive later and stay later at both ports. That's a good move as far as I'm concerned.