!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, THE OCEAN!!!! IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER? WELL, MAYBE THE SNOW... It is a hard one for me, I am a multi season kind of fellow!

untitled-171_zps9ksbxhoq.jpg

Gambee - the only reason you say snow is so great is because you live in Florida and don't have to deal with all the ruckus is causes us northerner's LOL!! :p

Gambee - the only reason you say snow is so great is because you live in Florida and don't have to deal with all the ruckus is causes us northerner's LOL!! :p

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. Gambee, you are more than welcome to shovel my car out next winter and experience three days of back pain if you want. [emoji30]

Hi Gambee,

Love your review and pictures. We went to Coki beach too. We loved it there. So beautiful. So great to see your experience too.

We had a real great time there, much better than Magens :)

I really think next time we will hit sapphire.

Great pics Gambee. Looked like a really nice day. I don't go on a cruise till October and am totally jealous.:D

No need to be jealous, you have a cruise booked, I got nothing :D

As much as I enjoyed my Escape cruise, it really is a goofy looking ship. :D

The first time I saw the pictures online I thought it was photoshopped, but then it quickly grew on me. Just looks a bit tall for me, I think the height of the Getaway is perfect.

Those underwater pics from Coki are amazing! Great idea!

Love Coki Beach..its so beautiful:)

We really want to go on the Escape at some point and your wonderful review just makes me want to try it more. Thank you!

Thank you I was really happy with the end result.

You really should, they have a nice product there.

Nothing beats a Gambee photo review. By the time the review is finished I almost feel like I myself have taken a whole vacation.

Bravo, Sir.

Thank you, continue to enjoy :)

Hi Gambee! Enjoying your reviews so much! We usually cruise Disney (loved your Dream review) but I'm loving your reviews so much, I'm starting to consider other cruise lines :)

You have such a beautiful relationship with your Mom and your feelings about your grandmother were just so touching!

I was wondering what your thoughts were on Magen's Bay vs Coki beach for a family with young kids?

Also, are those tostones? This Miami girl living in GA is missing Latin food! LOL

Well the thing I did not care about Magens is that it is controlled by the government. You have to pay to get in, then you need to leave deposits for the rentals and you have to move everything on your own.

The food is basic fast food, and there is only one venue. So as you can imagine the lines are horrible, and no one cares about you.

As far as the beach itself, they both have similar colors, and they are shallow enough up to the same point. Coki is a lot smaller though, so I am not sure how it will be with several ships in port. Then again, that also applies to Magens since it is more popular.

If they like snorkeling or even seeing small fish from the surface, I would say Coki. They can even hand feed the fish.

I guess it is more of a personal choice. We preferred Coki for several reasons :)

I have to say, I got a giggle at you referring to your go pro as a HER.

I do that to my stuff too. Even naming a lot of them (cool hand Luke for our air conditioner, dish pan Hans for our dishwasher, Baby for our Christmas tree at which point I refused to put her in the corner lol etc)

Love seeing pics of coki again. I think I spent the whole time there snorkeling and feeding the fish! Thanks for taking us all along with you.

LoL, I tend to do that often :D

Glad you're enjoying the review, thank you for following :)

How much are they charging for the Paradise Point tram these days? We have not done it for awhile. However, the last time that we did for four more dollars we could do a three hr. tour in an open air taxi. It was a much better value than the tram.

20 something, I think :confused:

Will bought the tickets for us, so to be honest, I have no clue.

I'm sailing Escape tomorrow for the 2nd time. Can you hurry up, Gambee? I'd like to finish this awesome review before we sail. Thanks in advance. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LoL,

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much for the response Gambee. That helps a lot. I just may have to invest in a Go-Pro in the future. Do you enhance any of them? They look so different (almost like a HDR picture). I figured you must have it set somehow to take pictures every so often, but wasn't sure if that's a function of the camera. Thanks!

I haven't taken my A6000 on a cruise in a long time. Maybe I should start again. I love the pictures!

Also what function did you say your other camera has on it to make the neat oil painting pictures? I'm wondering if there's a PS action or Lightroom action that will do the same. I just love those!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE COKI PICTURES!! I LOVE THAT PLACE! I got all excited when I read that on your blog. Woo hoo.

The GoPro tends to take very plain pictures. I think it is mainly due to the reason that it is supposed to be a video camera and not a photo one. I tried different settings and I really enjoy the way the this one looks with the super wide lens of the GoPro. But yeah, you deff need some post processing.

Some Sony cameras like the A6000 have the effect called Illustration. I am not really sure if there is a post app that can do that, but I do remember someone saying that he had one on a past review.

I am loving and re-living the cruise thru your wonderful review and amazing pictures. [emoji41][emoji4][emoji898][emoji481][emoji483][emoji484]

We had a great time :D, didn't we?

Yes, I do. :D But wondering what camera did you use for snorkeling? (Just wondering since they have the greenish color to them).

When you posted above asking about the barracuda, I was going to let you know that there are fish that are called Ballyhoo that sorta resemble them and have long noses. Then I see this segment and it has a bunch of them in it. So, you have now seen what a ballyhoo is too. (You usually see these swimming at the very top of the water so sometimes they are missed when snorkeling because you usually have your head down looking at things and not looking straight ahead. They are interesting fish, but usually very timid and race away quickly. It looks like there were a lot here and not racing away). :)

I used the gopro, but it with those same settings that I use in Lightroom to punch color in the pics.

Are you sure? The fish that are in the group do look different from the first one that I saw. The mouth on the first one is a bit thicker and not the needle kind. That's what threw me off a little.

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. Gambee, you are more than welcome to shovel my car out next winter and experience three days of back pain if you want. [emoji30]

LoL, I like my snow in small dosages, and it usually involves lots and lots of snowboarding. I don't think I would ever move from south florida. Although at one point I thought about moving to Colorado, there is so much to do there.

Gamble, you write an amazing review! Thank you for providing us future cruisers with all of this wonderful information. I noticed that several people have made reference to your Oasis review. Unfortunately I have not yet had an opportunity to read it. I have travelled on the Oasis twice, and thought it was a great ship, and have a cruise on the Escape planned for next January. I'm curious as to what ship you preferred when all factors are considered. Once again thank you for your time, in providing us with all of this information.