!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Some weather started building up, but it really only rained for about 5 minutes or so.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-64_zpsczpgfarj.jpg

Doesn't she look happy? Enjoy Every second, enjoy it like it is your last!

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-65_zpsaiu2xszs.jpg

By the way the lido deck floor is quite corrosive, unlike the one on MSC. Mom was happy about this.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-70_zpspqyvcsdy.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-71_zpsf1voeewn.jpg

My wild guess is that we stayed there the entire day just relaxing and what not. I really don’t have that many pictures from that afternoon. At one point we went back to the room.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-75_zpswucwmxnx.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-77_zpsjnvv8vmh.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-78_zpsgjsq8lv4.jpg

This one came out really nice.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-80_zps3g6eerse.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-81_zpsesf696ft.jpg

When we got to the room we had some treats waiting for us. In all honesty, we only enjoyed the strawberry one. And you well know that mom ate all of it.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-83_zpsogudny3p.jpg

It was still quite cloudy.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-87_zpsikjqvmat.jpg

We got ready for dinner at Tepa, and headed out.

Remember that I told you that I slammed onto the glass door on 5 o’clock bar? Here is the glass. Call me whatever you want, I did not see that glass.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-88_zps7exumwki.jpg

We kept on walking. We actually decided to go to the store to look for band aids before going to eat.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-90_zps1uo5m17c.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-92_zps2u8qgtdu.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-93_zpsftdfbsft.jpg

By the way, the cruise internet will sometimes push data into your phone without actually being connected to the internet. Just leave you phone connected to ships wifi at all times, and you might get lucky. It only receives data, not send.

I stopped by the Skyline Bar and got some pics. This bar is very busy at night, it actually works like a night club.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-106_zpswhaz3hqm.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-107_zpshky5klx1.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-108_zpsbsplvxzn.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-109_zpsbugw0o3u.jpg

I wanted to say how nice it was to meet you and your mom during the cruise. To all that read Gambees reviews...he is a really nice person to meet and share thoughts with about the cruise. As there was way too many things to take in and experience on a one week cruise, I am glad I already have a western Caribbean cruise booked on the Escape next May.

In my opinion, food was extraordinary to superb. Service was superb, bar service fantastic....Rommel and Rowenda in the Vibe were perfect. Sean the hotel manager and Mr Lobo the restaurant manager truly excel in their respective jobs. Entertainment was as usual great. Negatives were only three in my opinion. 1. Ship too crowded. 2. Selling vibe passes to Haven passengers that had their own mirror image area...3. And a big no no, having the future cruise sales personnel going table to able in le Bistro was just plain wrong. A wonderful setting and a wonderful meal should not be the stage for a hard sell. All in all, a great cruise. I sail the Jade in November and will be curious to see how the standards compare on a smaller and older ship. Then next May back to Escape.....a great ship, a great crew, great food, great entertainment....me likely! Gambee great review as usual.

Tom

8 dollars for a spicy tuna roll seems super steep to me! :eek::eek:

A question about food republic : When ordering on the tablet is there an option to write in "special requests" such as "no cilantro please :)"? I'm a fairly picky eater and often need to ask for things to be left off. I've been to land restaurants that use the tablet method and they usually have this option but thought I'd still ask! ty!

I agree about the prices in Food Republic. I wanted to check it out because we went to the sushi bar on Getaway. The prices there were very reasonable, something like $3 or $4 for a big roll. Considering that you can get all the food you want for free, we assumed they lowered the prices to entice people to pay just a little more to try out the sushi.

When we got on Escape and were told there was a tapas bar instead of a sushi bar but that there was sushi in Food Republic, we checked it out. I agree with you.... $8 for a spicy tuna is about the same amount we'd pay

on land. Seems like they should discount it a lot more.

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your review of Escape and photo's. I am a freelance photographer and you certainly have a great eye for detail. We were on Escape two weeks prior to your sailing (4/23) and I feel like I am enjoying our cruise all over again. Looking forward to the rest of your review. PS...did you happen to see who was in the beer challenge lead (District Brew House) that week?

That photo effect you have that makes it look like a watercolour drawing effect is so incredibly cool. I really think you could probably take pictures of the ship with this effect, print them out, and sell them. They are that good!

Hi Gambee

I am enthralled with your review, as always. We were on the 3 day from Hamburg to Southampton and I had hopes of meeting you and your Mom.

I reminisced about some things I had forgotten, your photos are amazing.

I am sure we will meet up at some point. Thanks for all you do.

Lynda

Thank you for the most amazing review. I will be on the Escape July 2nd. And your review was just what I needed to get my bearings. I feel like I already know my way around. Loved the Getaway and am sure I will love the Escape.

I wanted to say how nice it was to meet you and your mom during the cruise. To all that read Gambees reviews...he is a really nice person to meet and share thoughts with about the cruise. As there was way too many things to take in and experience on a one week cruise, I am glad I already have a western Caribbean cruise booked on the Escape next May.

In my opinion, food was extraordinary to superb. Service was superb, bar service fantastic....Rommel and Rowenda in the Vibe were perfect. Sean the hotel manager and Mr Lobo the restaurant manager truly excel in their respective jobs. Entertainment was as usual great. Negatives were only three in my opinion. 1. Ship too crowded. 2. Selling vibe passes to Haven passengers that had their own mirror image area...3. And a big no no, having the future cruise sales personnel going table to able in le Bistro was just plain wrong. A wonderful setting and a wonderful meal should not be the stage for a hard sell. All in all, a great cruise. I sail the Jade in November and will be curious to see how the standards compare on a smaller and older ship. Then next May back to Escape.....a great ship, a great crew, great food, great entertainment....me likely! Gambee great review as usual.

Tom

Good to know Tom!

Sorry I did not wrote you back but I had too many people dropping death in the family in the last couple weeks and was running on super low!

I am booked in November on her and maybe think of putting a deposit down for her May6th cruise of next year, if I like it!

But if you have liked it as a experienced luxury cruiser it can't be bad! I am actually really looking forward to it now and the great review of Gambee makes me happy! I hope they do NOT stop selling those VIBE passes to HAVEN guests, because it is a place I can ESCAPE those damn kids in the HAVEN!

Hope to sail with you one day....

The King

Gambee your review is what is getting me so excited for my sailing on Escape this Saturday!! Thank you for all the information you have provided!!

Perhaps you will see me on Board. Just trimmed my beard but during the football season I'm know as SANTA GRONK

I just discovered your review, and I'll pile on with the accolades: ¡Bárbaro!

We are on Escape in two weeks, and I feel like I'm already there!

My cruise reading material will start with your other reviews.

Thank you :), glad you're enjoying it so far :)

Have a great cruise!

Tom

Hi tom, it was really nice meeting you. I think most of the people seem to share the same point of view about the ship. Good thing no one ever came to my table to try to sell me a future cruise ;)

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your review of Escape and photo's. I am a freelance photographer and you certainly have a great eye for detail. We were on Escape two weeks prior to your sailing (4/23) and I feel like I am enjoying our cruise all over again. Looking forward to the rest of your review. PS...did you happen to see who was in the beer challenge lead (District Brew House) that week?

Thank you :)

Ummm, I don't think so. But I think I remember reading something on one of their tables.

That photo effect you have that makes it look like a watercolour drawing effect is so incredibly cool. I really think you could probably take pictures of the ship with this effect, print them out, and sell them. They are that good!

They are quite fun, I have a few more of some other areas around the ship.

Continue to enjoy the review :)

Hi Gambee

I am enthralled with your review, as always. We were on the 3 day from Hamburg to Southampton and I had hopes of meeting you and your Mom.

I reminisced about some things I had forgotten, your photos are amazing.

I am sure we will meet up at some point. Thanks for all you do.

Lynda

Thank you for the kind words Lynda. Glad you're having a fun time reading the review.

Thank you for the most amazing review. I will be on the Escape July 2nd. And your review was just what I needed to get my bearings. I feel like I already know my way around. Loved the Getaway and am sure I will love the Escape.

You're very welcome, hope you have a great cruise! I have the Getaway on my radar :D

Gambee how much was the drink package on this ship? Love how thoughtful you are with your mom, does she live in Florida near you too, or Columbia?

The drink package was included when we purchased the cruise, you're only required to pay for the gratuities. That said, if you were to buy it independent it would be expensive. I think around $70 a day. She lives with me in the Florida.

Hello Gambee, I booked my first NCL Cruise, I was wondering if there is a list of free breakfast, lunch, dinner? Thanks!

Well, let's see. I already posted the MDR lunch and 1 of the dinner ones from the first day. I also have the Oshehaans one later on during the review. They also have a breakfast one, but I never made it there. I will also post pics of the offering in the buffet for dinner on the last day.

Gambee your review is what is getting me so excited for my sailing on Escape this Saturday!! Thank you for all the information you have provided!!

You're very welcome, hope you have a FAB cruise!