Does anyone know how reservations for entertainment work one Jewell

I understand from the Forum that you can not pre book reservations for the nightly entertainment on the Jewell. Is it even necessary? Do people line up and hope for the best? I understand some shows are associated with dinners. Very unclear how this works so any help would be appreciated.

I understand from the Forum that you can not pre book reservations for the nightly entertainment on the Jewell. Is it even necessary? Do people line up and hope for the best? I understand some shows are associated with dinners. Very unclear how this works so any help would be appreciated.

Only the Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and Escape have entertainment that can be prebooked. These ships offer dinner shows, and have more than one smaller entertainment venues for other entertainment. Thus the need for reservations.

The shows on the other ships are primarily in the main theatres, which are quite large and I think most ships offer an early and late show. You will not have any problem getting a seat.

The shows on the Jewel class ships in the main theatre are typically performed twice each night, generally at 7pm and 9pm, and are usually over in about 45-50 minutes. (On the first night, there's only one show, a sort of preview of the coming entertainment.) Whether you like to eat early or late, you can generally work around the times of those two shows.

The theatre is pretty large, no reservations needed or necessary. (There is a small section in the balcony reserved for suite guests, but imho those are far from the best seats.) If you care about where you sit, grab a drink and head on over a bit early. The doors generally open about a half hour before showtime.