South Pacific out of Sydney, percent of men in tuxedo?

I'm interested in this too, we're just about giving up on true 'formal' wear on shorter cruises but will be taking the transpacific in a couple of years time and thought there may be more people who dress up on that itinerary.

We did the Transpacific in April of 2014 and don't recall seeing any men in Tux, many in Business Suites on formal night, ladies slacks and nice tops some in cocktail dresses. all in all a very casual attire for the evenings. One of the most entertaining days was when we passed the Equator and the Ceremony with the Captain and passengers.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Pacific islands cruises out of Sydney - not many in tuxes. Hubby wears a dark suit and is on the more dressed up end of the spectrum.

I don't think this can be related in any way to a Transpacific though. The long repositioning cruises are a totally different demographic. In my experience repositioning are more likely to have formal dress including tuxes - every man on our dinner table wore a tux for at last 2 of the 3 formal nights.

Basic answer - Very few.

People who normally cruise out of the US will se a huge difference in formal nights.

Almost no Tux (and most of them are US people), Some suits, some jackets, many collared shirts and ties. Lots are quite casual.

Doing a Trans Pacific from Vancouver to Sydney showed a ...dramatic difference. Leg one heaps of Tux and formal nights were lovely. After Honolulu there was marked difference in the amount of dressing up.

If luggage isn't an issue - it's lovely to be dressed up.

If it is....maybe something else.

Raina

An Aussie

You'll find the cruises originating in Sydney fairly relaxed. Formal nights my husband wore a suit and tie, many did not. However, they do enforce the "no shorts in the MDR at dinner" rule so long pants are a must every night[emoji4]