TA transfer?

cjnix29

If I book online, can I have that booking transferred to a TA? Do they still get a commission if I do that? Thanks!

I think you can do that as long as it's within 30 days of booking. Yes, they'd get commission.

Edited by Sparky2

Why not just let the TA book it from the beginning/

Because she isn't available right now, and I have a certain room I want! And I'm a little OCD. TA is a friend of mine, so I want her to get the commission, but want to have it booked before she is able.

Because she isn't available right now, and I have a certain room I want! And I'm a little OCD. TA is a friend of mine, so I want her to get the commission, but want to have it booked before she is able.

Just put a 24/48 hour hold on it online and call them in the next day or 2.

you can't

Yes you can I have done it quite a few times.

You log in and do a booking. Then when you get to the part where you are ready to pay, you click on where it says Carnival in the upper left. A window will pop up and say something like "Would you like to put this on hold?" and it will tell you for either 24 or 48 hours. You will then get a booking number and you can call your PVP/TA later before it expires.

So please tell me why you can't since I have done it before?

The only exception is if its within a certain timeframe before sailing. I asked my PVP when I was looking to do it again and it didn't give me that option. It was too close to the sailing date so I had to wait until I know for sure if I was going.

Edited by firemanbobswife

firemanbobswife, I too know you can do this with a PVP. I know my PVP has to go in and cancel the hold and then book. I am not familiar with how it works for a TA. I don't think they can access Carnivals booking engine in the same way. I am not disagreeing with you just curious how it works.

firemanbobswife, I too know you can do this with a PVP. I know my PVP has to go in and cancel the hold and then book. I am not familiar with how it works for a TA. I don't think they can access Carnivals booking engine in the same way. I am not disagreeing with you just curious how it works.

I'm not sure either. But at least that way their cabin and price will be locked in. Then if the TA can't access the booking with the hold, and all prices are the same, OP could go on and cancel the hold allowing the TA to book the cabin. Or if prices jumped, go ahead and pay the deposit and then have it transferred to the TA the same way as if they booked directly with Carnival.

Yes you can I have done it quite a few times.

You log in and do a booking. Then when you get to the part where you are ready to pay, you click on where it says Carnival in the upper left. A window will pop up and say something like "Would you like to put this on hold?" and it will tell you for either 24 or 48 hours. You will then get a booking number and you can call your PVP/TA later before it expires.

So please tell me why you can't since I have done it before?

The only exception is if its within a certain timeframe before sailing. I asked my PVP when I was looking to do it again and it didn't give me that option. It was too close to the sailing date so I had to wait until I know for sure if I was going.

Yes you are right. Thought I was on the Royal Board