Question on Return Flight from Vancouver

travelnut4

We will be traveling from Vancouver back to the US after an Alaskan cruise. From what I've read here, it sounds like we go through customs and immigration in Vancouver. Our connection is in Atlanta. Will we have to go through any additional customs/immigration here as well? I'm asking because our Delta flight time has changed and I want to make sure we have enough time to make our connection. Thanks!

We will be traveling from Vancouver back to the US after an Alaskan cruise. From what I've read here, it sounds like we go through customs and immigration in Vancouver. Our connection is in Atlanta. Will we have to go through any additional customs/immigration here as well? I'm asking because our Delta flight time has changed and I want to make sure we have enough time to make our connection. Thanks!

You'll clear US customs in Vancouver . No more customs checks after you leave Vancouver.

What time is the Delta flight? Which day are you arriving in Vancouver? Need to assess the number of ships for congestion.

Canadian customs is super quick coming off the ship. They ask you to be at the airport 3hrs preflight for check-in, US customs and your security searches (hand, body, liquids, weapons and WMD's).

In general they suggest flights after noon. Possible timeline.

• 7am ship starts to dock
  • 7:30am first walk-offs. Some will exit the ship faster than others
  • 8:25am suggested time to be in a cab or on the subway
  • 9am arrive at airport for check-in, US customs and searches.
  • noon wheels up

Edited by xlxo

We will be traveling from Vancouver uback to the US after an Alaskan cruise. From what I've read here, it sounds like we go through customs and immigration in Vancouver. Our connection is in Atlanta. Will we have to go through any additional customs/immigration here as well? I'm asking because our Delta flight time has changed and I want to make sure we have enough time to make our connection. Thanks!

I think you posted this question on another thread....but yes you will clear CBP at YVR so you will have lots of time to make your connecting flight in Atlanta, you will not have to clear CPB again.

As mentioned you clear USA customs/immigration at Vancouver.

Process will be like this.

Check in at the airline counter.

Take your checked luggage to another area and put it on the belt.

Go to Security and clear security.

Go to a Kiosk as part of immigration. Fill out appropriate information on the kiosk. Take your printed copy and along with passport meet with USA customs/immigration official.

Give yourself a lot of time for all of this.

Keith

I believe the Kisok referred to in the above post is the kiosk where you will scan your passport and the passports of up 3 family members who are travelling with you. You will be answer a few questions on the kiosk then print a slip. You take the slip, your passport and completed declaration card to the first available CBP agent. The declaration form is available in YVR, at the PSD of your ship and is downloadable.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/passport+control+system+expected+reduce+delays/8351249/story.html

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP%20Form%206059B%20English%20%28Fillable%29_0.pdf

Edited by Putterdude

As mentioned you clear USA customs/immigration at Vancouver.

Process will be like this.

Check in at the airline counter.

Take your checked luggage to another area and put it on the belt.

Go to Security and clear security.

Go to a Kiosk as part of immigration. Fill out appropriate information on the kiosk. Take your printed copy and along with passport meet with USA customs/immigration official.

Give yourself a lot of time for all of this.

Keith

I believe the Kisok referred to in the above post is the kiosk where you will scan your passport and the passports of up 3 family members who are travelling with you. You will be answer a few questions on the kiosk then print a slip. You take the slip, your passport and completed declaration card to the first available CBP agent. The declaration form is available in YVR, at the PSD of your ship and is downloadable.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/passport+control+system+expected+reduce+delays/8351249/story.html

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP%20Form%206059B%20English%20%28Fillable%29_0.pdf

Thank you