Thoughts on rooms in the front of the ship?

We're looking at booking a panoramic ocean view room on Liberty but all the panoramic view rooms are in the front of the ship, on deck 12. I know being that high up in the ship you will feel more movement and being in the front you will hear ,ore noise with docking and leaving so that make me a little anxious. Can anyone give me there experience with the front of the ship cabins? And if anyone stayed in a panor,aid room how is it? Worth it?

We will be traveling with our 2-year old so a balcony is out of the question, and I really don't want an interior room, we need natural light.

Edited by TEGL

I can't be in two places at once, so I don't know how any given feeling in the pano room would feel elsewhere.

I heard no noises that I could definitively prove I woudn't have heard elsewhere.

We really liked the pano room we were on on Freedom in March.

Though I wouldn't be worried about a balcony room with a toddler. I can barely get those doors open...

Why is a balcony out of the question? You will need someplace to hang out during juniors nap time. The doors are *very* hard to open, and have a pin up high for extra security. You can easily move any furniture far away from the railing and even then if they are a climber there would be little possibility of junior being able to get over the railing since of course an adult would be out on the balcony with them at all times, right?!

I haven't stayed in the front of an RCCL ship yet (July 1!! Forward facing OV!!!), but I always like the highest and the furthest forward I can get. LOVE the up and down motion. And I've never heard noise while docking - then again by the time we've docked on the ships I've been on, I've already been up and about - other than debarkation morning, but I don't recall hearing anything.

We're looking at booking a panoramic ocean view room on Liberty but all the panoramic view rooms are in the front of the ship, on deck 12. I know being that high up in the ship you will feel more movement and being in the front you will hear ,ore noise with docking and leaving so that make me a little anxious. Can anyone give me there experience with the front of the ship cabins? And if anyone stayed in a panor,aid room how is it? Worth it?

We will be traveling with our 2-year old so a balcony is out of the question, and I really don't want an interior room, we need natural light.

We were in stateroom 1000 (highest and farthest forward) on Serenade several years ago, and there was a good amount of motion we felt. However, there was no noise with docking and leaving the port.

We were assigned a forward room on our last cruise and ending up loving it! The cabins are also soo much bigger than shown due to the slope of the ship. We loved it so much we booked another forward cabin by choice this June on the oasis-deck 10. you will not be sorry. On the oasis though you will have to close your curtains at night, captain request. Our layout was with the sofa by the window.

Another reason I love the forward room is my favorite parts of the ship (Oasis) were forward so it was super convenient.

I agree would not book a balcony room with a toddler.

We stayed in the very far forward room on Liberty (as in looking out over the bow) and I can say we had *lots* of movement. It was the one and only time in six cruises that I've gotten seasick. We didn't have any noise issues but I would never go that far forward again. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to somewhere between the middle and the very front so I guess it would depend on how far forward the particular room you are looking at is.

Just as an FYI, we've taken our daughter on 2 cruises, one at 14 months and one at 2.5 years and did a balcony both times. It was great - gave us a place to hang out while she was napping and after she went to sleep. She also loved playing out there. The rails are quite high - well above her head - and there was no way she could go between the rails as at least in the rooms we had there was plexiglass there. We also never let her out there when we weren't with her. As others have said there is a lock on the door and the doors are not the easiest to open - I sometimes have trouble! :D I would encourage you to check out the family cruisers board and get others opinions as well but we wouldn't cruise without a balcony now!