Library aboard Caribbean Princess?

Natiev

Didn't get a chance to look for reading material- an actual (not e-book) book- aboard ship this upcoming cruise. Can anybody tell me if there is a library for passengers aboard the Caribbean Princess? Thank you.

On the CB what passes for a library is a few rows of bookshelves on one wall of the Internet Center. To the best of my memory other than the "swap a paperback" shelf access hours were fairly limited.

I haven't seen a real library on a Princess ship in years. But there is usually an area where you can pick up a paperback another passenger has left.

I was blown away by the library on the X Equinox--huge and lots of books available AND always open.

I was shocked to see what they call a library aboard the CB. If you truly want some reading material, try and get to a book shop before you board, or you will likely be disappointed.

That is good advice. Princess generally has poor libraries, with the exception of the Pacific Princess.

OK, I'll take the other view here. I was on the Caribbean Princess in December 2015. The library was in the internet cafe, and the hours were quite generous. Translate that--I never found it closed when I went down. There is an internet attendant, the library is on an honor system. It consisted of one full length of the room wall and a second wall with 2 ceiling to floor sets of shelves. The long was was about 2/3 books. At the end nearest the door was a "swap or leave one" shelf and then one set of shelves with games and "stuff" other than books.

The selections were not bad. OK, not amazingly great, but better than what I'm used to on cruise ships. The swap shelf is obviously a "luck of the draw" situation. I never found anything of interest there.

If there is something that you really want to read, bring it along. But the library was adequate.