Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

CruisenovicesUK, thanks for the food photos. I was glad to see you gave desserts your full attention. You have your priorities in order. (We are on the 11/12/16 cruise.)

Thanks, yes he desserts are very important to me, I definitely have a sweet tooth

For those of you who followed my previous blog on Anthem and have followed this so far, you will realise that my posts are generally positive and I always try to see the best in a situation. However this post will be a bit more negative so apologies in advance for this.

This morning has been a bit of a disaster really.

When I got up at 8am I ordered a tea and coffee and 2 juices on room service through the stateroom tv, it quoted delivery would take around 30-40 minutes although by 9.30 it still hadn't turned up so.

As per my earlier post we decided to go to American Icon Grill for breakfast. The queue was pretty big with an option of either express (buffet breakfast) or a la carte. We went for the a la carte option. While queuing the maitre d' was advising people there would be a long wait and recommending people go to the solarium bistro where there was a huge buffet available like Windjammer, so some people left the queue to go there. However, as we went yesterday we knew this was not true, and the selection was limited so we stayed in the line. Whilst waiting another couple came back down shouting at The maitre d' that he had lied and it wasn't quiet and there was also a huge queue for the Solarium bistro so they had gone there for no reason. They were seated at that point.

Whilst waiting we were chatting to a lady who hadn't had much luck. Her baggage didn't arrive till very late last night and when it did it had been left in the rain so much it had saturated though her case causing all her clothes to be soaked through. They had also experienced noise all night from jack hammers above their room working on one of the jacuzzis. After complaining they were advised the work would continue and they would not stop as the work needed to be completed.

As mentioned earlier breakfast was very slow with no fresh orange, quite how you run out of orange juice on the first breakfast is beyond me. They had also run out of smoothies.

When breakfast did arrive I was advised they had run out of mushrooms and the table next to us had ordered full breakfasts but these came without bacon and sausage and the waiter advised 'the kitchen has collapsed' although not in a literal physical sense. The waiter then proceeded to go round offering bowls of beans to people, which seemed very random.

After breakfast we went for a decent coffee at cafe promenade which was pretty good although very busy. Unfortunately though there was no where to sit either there or on deck 5 as it was so busy everywhere.

I was going to go to guest services as we have been overcharged for Jamie's last night although after seeing the queues I didn't bother.

af69f7120e174940f4f28dd6af8ee581.jpg

I did go and speak to the Internet people about the slow uploads and they have advised will investigate it but it's to be expected on a new boat. Unfortunately the price doesn't reflect the problems with the service, at £22 a day I am expecting this to work.

We have found somewhere to sit in the small cafe in the spa, although they have also run out of smoothies with only peach left.

I'm really surprised of how many things the ship has already run out of, despite this only being the first full day.

The biggest issue for us is there is not enough areas for people to go when the weather is bad, and no real activities on in the day.

I would say all the bars restaurants etc. just can't cope with the volume of people onboard.

No guacamole in the Mexican Sabor last night - someone forgot to buy the avocados!

They also have forgotten to put in any pools in the solarium [emoji474] .... 3 jacuzzis only.

Nothing like the amazing solarium on Quantum class.

Lots of workman round the ship restocking the edges to the wallpaper.

Small bites selection at lunch

b04afa936be5eb49acada51dba60f7b1.jpg

45e0ab38b9fcd94d8a6a4223b47d2ea5.jpg

8015641c667d211d77c088002b4e26d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Anyone know which cabin classes will hold a family of 6. I can't find max occupancy listed anywhere. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are a family of 8 and have a family balcony booked for 5 of us and then and interior across the hall for our cruise in January.

The family rooms hold 6. They also have family ocean view and family interior rooms.

I did go and speak to the Internet people about the slow uploads and they have advised will investigate it but it's to be expected on a new boat. Unfortunately the price doesn't reflect the problems with the service, at £22 a day I am expecting this to work.

One of the reasons I never sail on a brandy new ship is due to the issues most have. However it seems that the ship sailed a bit earlier than it should have if they are jack hammering while there are passengers. I think Royal also needs to stop building bigger and bigger ships. It cannot handle the volume and it makes for a less than stellar vacation

Internet - I was once on a cruise (not RCCL) with a lot of media onboard and found the internet very slow because so many were using it to upload videos, photos, etc. I did notice that it was worse in the morning but better during dinner and in the evening and even better late at night.

I see that a another poster noted that there are no pools in the solarium. If you have time can either of you post photos of the solarium and the regular pool areas?

Edited by jonj

The debarcle continues....

As breakfast was bad we went for an early lunch at park cafe. My OH had the kummelweck sandwich which is freshly carved roast beef. I ordered a beef and pickle panini, although it came cold and was ham and chicken. Although the filling was different to what I ordered I can live with this but a cold panini is not good. I took it back and she microwaved this, I asked her not to and to toast for longer and after it was cooked longer it was better.

We then went to vintages to get a couple of bottles of water to take to the room, although they have now run out of bottles water and only cups of water are available.

We have also just checked out statement and have found that we were charged for the coffees in vitality cafe, so a 20 minute wait for guest services who have advised they will investigate

Edited by CruisenovicesUK

One of the reasons I never sail on a brandy new ship is due to the issues most have. However it seems that the ship sailed a bit earlier than it should have if they are jack hammering while there are passengers. I think Royal also needs to stop building bigger and bigger ships. It cannot handle the volume and it makes for a less than stellar vacation

Internet - I was once on a cruise (not RCCL) with a lot of media onboard and found the internet very slow because so many were using it to upload videos, photos, etc. I did notice that it was worse in the morning but better during dinner and in the evening and even better late at night.

I see that a another poster noted that there are no pools in the solarium. If you have time can either of you post photos of the solarium and the regular pool areas?

We had expected some issues, although running out of food and drinks was not one of them.

Will get some pictures of the solarium, we did go up there today and the pools were all empty.

No guacamole in the Mexican Sabor last night - someone forgot to buy the avocados!

They also have forgotten to put in any pools in the solarium [emoji474] .... 3 jacuzzis only.

Nothing like the amazing solarium on Quantum class.

Lots of workman round the ship restocking the edges to the wallpaper.

Forgot the Avocados? Considering the tableside Guac is a Sabor "specialty," that's just crazy! Something like that shouldn't happen -- inaugural or not.

I'm really disappointed about no pool in the Solarium. That's always been one of our favorite areas. Should be real fun when Harmony's sailing in the Caribbean; especially during the summer. Besides a shower, there's no place to take a dip to cool off.

Speaking of hot tubs, has anyone noticed if there's one up on the suite sundeck? A deck plan I saw looked like there might be one.

Holy smokes :eek:

I certainly hope they get their act together quickly. This trip will be the first time my friends have left the Continental US (except for Hawaii) and if the service is that bad, it might be the last time too...

BTW: Who is Bobby Davro? Is he someone I should know???

Edited by hexdragon

i certainly hope they get their act together quickly. This trip will be the first time my friends have left the Continental US (except for Hawaii) and if the service is that bad, it might be the last time too...

New ships always have "growing" pains no matter how many other ships the cruise line has in their fleet. Start reading reviews in about six months and most times it gets better

What kind of food does Mini Bites serve?

This morning they had usual hot breakfast sausage,bacon, hash brown etc., with healthy fruit and cereal options.

Lunch today they had mini chicken pie, corn dogs, spring rolls as well as some sweet items

They also have a cola drinks machine for the flask refills

I certainly hope they get their act together quickly. This trip will be the first time my friends have left the Continental US (except for Hawaii) and if the service is that bad, it might be the last time too...

BTW: Who is Bobby Davro? Is he someone I should know???

Lol . That's the equivalent of a UK person saying who is Warren Buffet! [emoji3]

5fdd0926ea577f2ed3de84ce39364b13.jpg

12727 view at sail away.

The purple slide is a real eyesore and obstruction to what was a lovely view imho.

Thanks for the picture.....

We are in 12329 (the same view from the other side) for our January 2017 B2B. The Abyss does take some of the view away, but we are excite to have something else to watch. Do you hear much noise coming from it?

Even though there will be only 2 of us, we have a family ocean balcony on our October TA.

New ships always have "growing" pains no matter how many other ships the cruise line has in their fleet. Start reading reviews in about six months and most times it gets better

Yeah. Royal got a bit greedy with these 3 and 4 night "preview" cruises. But I'd say 80% done. Just things like no Aqua theatre for a week or two which is a bit disappointing. She also seems more "lived in" than other new ships I've sailed on. Maybe due to the amount of workers on board

Thanks for the picture.....

We are in 12329 (the same view from the other side) for our January 2017 B2B. The Abyss does take some of the view away, but we are excite to have something else to watch. Do you hear much noise coming from it?

Even though there will be only 2 of us, we have a family ocean balcony on our October TA.

I do not hear the screams as people go down but do hear the screams as they finish...... The exit is right below the cabin.

We are a family of 8 and have a family balcony booked for 5 of us and then and interior across the hall for our cruise in January.

The family rooms hold 6. They also have family ocean view and family interior rooms.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app