Cruise Line Guest/Customer Service

johnsoda55

Greetings to my fellow cruisers. Having returned from a NCL Cruise early April 2016, I contacted NCL Guest Relations on 15 April to express minior concerns we had experienced. I received an inquiry number and was asked to wait 15 business days. The 15 business days have come and gone, with no response. I followed up with another inquiry to my original request, dated 9 May 2016 and am waiting another 15 business days.

Just curious; What are my fellow cruises experiences regarding their Guest/Customer Relations? Positive or Negitive?

Regards To One And All,

DJ

Greetings to my fellow cruisers. Having returned from a NCL Cruise early April 2016, I contacted NCL Guest Relations on 15 April to express minior concerns we had experienced. I received an inquiry number and was asked to wait 15 business days. The 15 business days have come and gone, with no response. I followed up with another inquiry to my original request, dated 9 May 2016 and am waiting another 15 business days.

Just curious; What are my fellow cruises experiences regarding their Guest/Customer Relations? Positive or Negitive?

Regards To One And All,

DJ

We emailed about an issue and it took two months for an answer. In the past it would take fifteen days. Not any more since staff was cut.

Regards To One And All,

DJ

If we have a concern while aboard ship we deal with it at Guest Relations while aboard ship. They've helped us deal with it at the time, or we escalate to a higher-up while aboard ship. Why wait until you are off the ship to deal with a concern?

Regards To One And All,

DJ

I had a few 'not so great' experiences with Guest Services. (Never go there during an event in the Atrium). To me, they were nothing more than note takers. I was even reminded that certain controls were out of their hands and the responsibility lied in Miami, (Corporate). However if you booked through NCL you can do a follow-up email through you online account and just refer you Inquiry number. Someone will reply. It may not be what you're hoping to hear but you will get a reply. Also, ensure the inquiry wasn't 'closed' as I found out with one once they did reply, they assume they responded, thus closed the inquiry.

Hope this helps.

I think you must have left something out of your story: At what point did you post your YouTube video? :p

I thought the same thing when reading the post.....but the signature gave it away for sure!

Harriet

If we have a concern while aboard ship we deal with it at Guest Relations while aboard ship. They've helped us deal with it at the time, or we escalate to a higher-up while aboard ship. Why wait until you are off the ship to deal with a concern?

For the most part yes, absolutely. But from what I've been reading shipboard personnel are having their hands tied vis a vis issue resolution and the issue must be taken up with Miami. So if a plate of chocolate covered strawberries won't address it one must deal with corporate.

Regards To One And All,

DJ

Definitely negative, off and on the ships. There have been many bad experiences that have been posted here on CC; I have also experienced poor Guest relations customer service. I am not convinced this is done for my convenience.....;)

Honey, grab the popcorn.

Ha Ha!

BTW: if I have any problem while on board, I will go straight to Customer Service right then and not wait until I am off the ship! Hopefully I will get some resolution right then and there. This will be my first cruise with NCL so we will see.

Edited by Seminole1975
Wanted to add more

Regards To One And All,

DJ

Back on topic: NCL shoreside customer service has never been very good and in the last couple of years it gone down hill. So in a nutshell.....Negative. Good luck! Oh, IMHO.......

Ha Ha!

BTW: if I have any problem while on board, I will go straight to Customer Service right then and not wait until I am off the ship! Hopefully I will get some resolution right then and there. This will be my first cruise with NCL so we will see.

Hopefully you will and in times past you likely would have received some sort of resolution onboard. But if the problem isn't resolved to your satisfaction where else do you have to turn but corporate?

Edited by sparks1093

On our last cruise (February), we had an issue that was unable to be addressed on board and it took about two months and numerous contacts (phone, email, surveys) in order for it to be resolved.

My husband took care of it, since he "enjoys" following up on things like this. He got a resolution when he did some research online and found an email address that bypassed the standard customer service.

Also, be concrete in what you want the resolution to be. We were offered the standard $25 OBC and a bottle of wine. I was actually amazed by what we ended up with after it was all said and done. My husband was always nice and polite. He stated the facts and reminded them that we have two more cruises scheduled with NCL.

Yes...you can get resolution. But you have to be patient, persistent and above all polite. Good luck!

On our last cruise (February), we had an issue that was unable to be addressed on board and it took about two months and numerous contacts (phone, email, surveys) in order for it to be resolved.

My husband took care of it, since he "enjoys" following up on things like this. He got a resolution when he did some research online and found an email address that bypassed the standard customer service.

Also, be concrete in what you want the resolution to be. We were offered the standard $25 OBC and a bottle of wine. I was actually amazed by what we ended up with after it was all said and done. My husband was always nice and polite. He stated the facts and reminded them that we have two more cruises scheduled with NCL.

Yes...you can get resolution. But you have to be patient, persistent and above all polite. Good luck!

Are there certain issues that can be resolved on board vs ones that have to go to corporate? What is the difference?