Last One Off The Ship!

PROCRUISE

"I thought Celebrity had a program for X dollars you could enjoy the day on the ship past normal debarkation times (but not your cabin)....I don't recall the details but wonder if they're still offering this"

Europe only, not available in Florida

I've done the late debarkation program on Azamara a number of times in Europe and love it if they do it. If you've got an afternoon flight it saves a lot of hanging around the airport. I'd do the Celebrity one too. Thanks for the info as I didn't know you could do it.

Phil

I know we all enjoy cruising but I still don't understand why people want to linger on the ship the last morning. You can tell they can't wait to get you off the ship. The entire vibe is totally different.

OMG, I would be so embarssed if they called my name asking me to disembark the ship.

We did it because I was with my elderly parents. The rest of our group had left earlier to go back home and our plan was to pick up a rental car and I was driving them to Bradenton to visit my mother's sister for a few days. We were in no hurry and my parents were enjoying the last couple of hours of, what turned out to be, their last cruise. We sat by the pool, drinking coffee, chatting about what fun we had and enjoying the Ft. Lauderdale sun, in no hurry to fight the crowds pushing and shoving their way off the ship and into buses and taxis.

They called our names very respectfully, "Would Mr. and Mrs. XX and Mrs. X please make your way to the disembarkation deck." We got up and walked immediately there. No crowds what so ever, just a couple of other late goers and off we went. Why would that embarrass us? It's not like we were hiding and they had to come searching for us. It was all very pleasant and I would give a leg to spend that couple of hours hanging with my parents at that pool on that ship again.