Trujillo Honduras been dropped???

Decali

I was there January 2015. From what I was hearing at the time it was the newest and latest/greatest port. I thought it was a good stop if you like the simple rustic kind of thing and I'd like to go back but I don't see any NCL stops there.

I was there January 2015. From what I was hearing at the time it was the newest and latest/greatest port. I thought it was a good stop if you like the simple rustic kind of thing and I'd like to go back but I don't see any NCL stops there.

Interesting....HAL had some stops there in the past, but I don't see any now.

Well I remember before going that the reviews were sort of love it or hate it but I really liked it there. Not a lot of the usual tourist things to do but that was OK with me. They had built a nice tourist center at the tender port and the people there and in the town seemed really happy and appreciative for the business.

I like the authentic kind of stops more than the Disneyland/touristy places but that's just me. Very nice relaxing day and I'd like to go back. Just wondering if it was a security/health/safety thing that I hadn't heard about.

We looooved Trujillo! We were there on the Norwegian Jewel Nov 2014 and really enjoyed the fact that it was a newer port. Vendors were not pushy, everyone was friendly and they even let school out for the day so there were locals around. The children were fascinated with us and I even gave my bright pink lanyard to a young girl who kept admiring it. She was so happy afterward and that really brought me happiness :) And I must say El Dolfin had the best pina coladas I have ever, ever tasted. I certainly hope it stays an active port, if not we may fly in someday to spend more time there.

Edited by 2Ccruisers

• 2 weeks later...
We looooved Trujillo! We were there on the Norwegian Jewel Nov 2014 and really enjoyed the fact that it was a newer port. Vendors were not pushy, everyone was friendly and they even let school out for the day so there were locals around. The children were fascinated with us and I even gave my bright pink lanyard to a young girl who kept admiring it. She was so happy afterward and that really brought me happiness :) And I must say El Dolfin had the best pina coladas I have ever, ever tasted. I certainly hope it stays an active port, if not we may fly in someday to spend more time there.

Yes!!! Great place. The people seemed genuinely happy to have you (and your dollars) there and I felt the warm and fuzzys spreading them around. They were very nice and appreciative. I didn't go anywhere near the water after seeing the drain from town to the beach and wondered if that could have been an issue.