Serenade Ship -Steam Rooms

I have been on Celebrity cruises where they have a "spa package" with a co-ed steam room, ceramic chairs, etc….

Does anyone know if the Serenade Ship has co-ed steam rooms or even nice size steam rooms in the Fitness Center?

Thanks

There are free non-coed steam rooms in the fitness center.

Thanks for the info….do they happen to have windows that look out to the ocean like the Freedom of the Seas have?

Thanks for the info….do they happen to have windows that look out to the ocean like the Freedom of the Seas have?

Yes, the fitness center has windows all around, very nice.

Was the question whether the sauna/steam rooms have windows that look to the outside? If the setup is like Vision class ships, then the answer is no. We're sailing on Serenade in January 2017 and looking forward to seeing what she is like. We were on Vision this past January--the locker area and sauna/steam rooms are completely within the ship with no outside views. But Serenade is a different class and may be set up differently. Freedom-class and Voyager-class ships have slatted windows in the sauna and you can kind of see outside.

Was the question whether the sauna/steam rooms have windows that look to the outside? If the setup is like Vision class ships, then the answer is no. We're sailing on Serenade in January 2017 and looking forward to seeing what she is like. We were on Vision this past January--the locker area and sauna/steam rooms are completely within the ship with no outside views. But Serenade is a different class and may be set up differently. Freedom-class and Voyager-class ships have slatted windows in the sauna and you can kind of see outside.

I just don't understand this at all. A sauna or steam room, should not have windows of any kind to look out. The steam room/saunas I have been in have been in the interior area of the fitness center. The fitness center would have glass windows, probably floor to ceiling so that those using the treadmills, etc, are looking out onto the ocean and the walking track. I have been on both Freedom and Voyager classes.

I just don't understand this at all. A sauna or steam room, should not have windows of any kind to look out. The steam room/saunas I have been in have been in the interior area of the fitness center. The fitness center would have glass windows, probably floor to ceiling so that those using the treadmills, etc, are looking out onto the ocean and the walking track. I have been on both Freedom and Voyager classes.

On Freedom, Adventure, and Explorer, on the men's side, the sauna (not the steam room) has two round windows with heavy slats to prevent anyone on the outside deck from seeing in. It is possible to see out just a bit; mostly, you just get a little natural light during the daytime.

The ship has a thermal suite that's coed, and has the heated ceramic loungers, the sauna and steam rooms all with floor to ceiling Windows, very nice. The fees are reasonable. We sailed on the Jewel, her sister ship a few years ago and loved the thermal suite.

I just checked and the cost for the 10 day sailing is $219 for a couple to have access for the entire cruise. It's open everyday from 8am to 10 pm. My husband would go twice a day most days as he loved it. It also has the rain forest shower which I loved. the thermal suite is one of the main reasons we booked on the Serenade for this April.

Here is an image of the loungers I found on an older post. Scroll down to post #24.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108833&page=2

Hope this helps.

The ship has a thermal suite that's coed, and has the heated ceramic loungers, the sauna and steam rooms all with floor to ceiling Windows, very nice. The fees are reasonable. We sailed on the Jewel, her sister ship a few years ago and loved the thermal suite.

I just checked and the cost for the 10 day sailing is $219 for a couple to have access for the entire cruise. It's open everyday from 8am to 10 pm. My husband would go twice a day most days as he loved it. It also has the rain forest shower which I loved. the thermal suite is one of the main reasons we booked on the Serenade for this April.

Here is an image of the loungers I found on an older post. Scroll down to post #24.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108833&page=2

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the additional info--I had forgotten that some of the smaller ships have sauna/steam rooms in the locker rooms as well as the thermal suites.

Thanks for the additional info--I had forgotten that some of the smaller ships have sauna/steam rooms in the locker rooms as well as the thermal suites.

Absolutely, we're infrequent cruisers so I rarely have info to share. I use the search forum tool extensively and appreciate all the valuable info found on this site.