FTTF questions

CruzieSue

FASTER TO THE FUN (FTTF)

Now guests can maximize their vacation fun with Carnival's Faster to the Fun (FTTF) package. This program is available for purchase via Carnival.com Shore Excursions.

The price is per stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase Faster to the Fun and all occupants in the stateroom receive the benefits.

Cruise durations, 4 days or shorter - $49.95 USD

Cruise durations, 5 days or longer - $59.95 USD

Faster to the Fun is offered in the following home ports: Baltimore, Charleston, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Miami, Mobile (starting 11/19/16), New Orleans, New York, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Seattle and Tampa.

Faster to the Fun is not offered in Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver and home ports in Europe.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

After purchasing the FTTF package, guests will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to the Fun stamp reflects on the documents.

FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.

Check-In typically begins at approximately 11:00am but may vary by port. The boarding process (for all guests) starts at the published time provided in the documents as long as the debarkation process from the previous cruise has ended.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun

VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation. FTTF guests will not have this benefit so embarkation will not be impacted in the Priority Check-In Lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

FASTER TO THE FUN (FTTF)

Now guests can maximize their vacation fun with Carnival's Faster to the Fun (FTTF) package. This program is available for purchase via Carnival.com Shore Excursions.

The price is per stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase Faster to the Fun and all occupants in the stateroom receive the benefits.

Cruise durations, 4 days or shorter - $49.95 USD

Cruise durations, 5 days or longer - $59.95 USD

Faster to the Fun is offered in the following home ports: Baltimore, Charleston, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Miami, Mobile (starting 11/19/16), New Orleans, New York, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Seattle and Tampa.

Faster to the Fun is not offered in Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver and home ports in Europe.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

After purchasing the FTTF package, guests will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to the Fun stamp reflects on the documents.

FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.

Check-In typically begins at approximately 11:00am but may vary by port. The boarding process (for all guests) starts at the published time provided in the documents as long as the debarkation process from the previous cruise has ended.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun

VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation. FTTF guests will not have this benefit so embarkation will not be impacted in the Priority Check-In Lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

Faster to the Fun - FTTF

Details are here https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

But basically it is approx $50 per CABIN (not per person) and you get to get on faster, get your luggage to your room faster, get access to your room faster, priority on tenders, etc. I'm debating it for our coming cruise - never did it before, but I hate carrying around my backback (think carryon luggage) until the room is ready. Plus it'll be in Miami in July - getting to change into a suit and jump in the pool sounds good!

Okay...just signed up for it! The embarkation day is one of your cruise days, so I figure I may as well enjoy it to the fullest. Our first cruise, we overpacked and had so much carry-on stuff: case of water, six pack soda, wine (never opened), CPAP machine, notebook, phone chargers, DSLR camera, and more. I felt like a pack-mule for 4 hours.

Okay...just signed up for it! The embarkation day is one of your cruise days, so I figure I may as well enjoy it to the fullest. Our first cruise, we overpacked and had so much carry-on stuff: case of water, six pack soda, wine (never opened), CPAP machine, notebook, phone chargers, DSLR camera, and more. I felt like a pack-mule for 4 hours.

just know that you can't take bottled water or bottled soda on this time

Edited by hftmrock

just know that you can't take bottled water or bottled soda on this time

The FAQ is confusing - it says you can't bring water or soda on in bottles, but then says you can bring a small quantity if it's in cans or cartons. I guess my pedantic nature wants to say that bottle=glass.

Thanks for the heads up - I don't care too much, but my wife may want bottled water - $3.99 for a 12 pack on board is probably one of the cheapest things on board! Much better than the triple priced Guinness Draft 4 pack!

The FAQ is confusing - it says you can't bring water or soda on in bottles, but then says you can bring a small quantity if it's in cans or cartons. I guess my pedantic nature wants to say that bottle=glass.

Thanks for the heads up - I don't care too much, but my wife may want bottled water - $3.99 for a 12 pack on board is probably one of the cheapest things on board! Much better than the triple priced Guinness Draft 4 pack!

just to be clear. cans or cartons only. no bottles of any kind at all. even plastic

Whether it's worth it or not varies. Many people have posted recently that the FTTF people have only been getting on 10 minutes sooner than the other people, tenders aren't any faster etc. So obviously for them it wasn't worth it, also some have faced long delays even though they had FTTF because there have been so many platinum members ahead of them I assume. Other times it's been worth it because they've gotten on fast. It's a gamble and really comes down to how efficient your port is. They may move everyone through fast and or they may not.

Whether it's worth it or not varies. Many people have posted recently that the FTTF people have only been getting on 10 minutes sooner than the other people, tenders aren't any faster etc. So obviously for them it wasn't worth it, also some have faced long delays even though they had FTTF because there have been so many platinum members ahead of them I assume. Other times it's been worth it because they've gotten on fast. It's a gamble and really comes down to how efficient your port is. They may move everyone through fast and or they may not.

Your omitting several very important benefits. The dedicated line at GS , priority luggage arrival on embarkation , and priority tendering for tendered ports. For $ 50-$60 per cabin , it really is a bargain. I try for it every cruise, as do most people I know.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up this post again but I just don't understand the Priority Dinner time perk under Dining Reservations?:confused:

I am on the waiting list for the 6pm dining time.

I do have the FTTF, does this mean I will get that time assigned? Or is there a special line you need to go in for your dinner?

Please explain this one item to me. It's driving me bonkers!:D

Thank you.:)

Sorry to bring up this post again but I just don't understand the Priority Dinner time perk under Dining Reservations?:confused:

I am on the waiting list for the 6pm dining time.

I do have the FTTF, does this mean I will get that time assigned?

You should. I had the same situation two years ago. Was able to buy FTTF, but got waitlisted for early dining. I called and the rep said that since I had FTTF, the system would automatically change my waitlist to confirmed with the overnight update. And it happened just like that. I was confirmed as of the next day. I don't know if the rep did anything to make that happen or not, but if you do in fact have FTTF and are waitlisted, the same should happen for you. If it hasn't yet, call and I'm sure they'll fix it.

Edited by sarmat1

Well if you have already called I am to late but for others....

If a dining time is waitlisted having FTTF puts you up higher up on the waitlist.

Diamonds are guaranteed to get the choice. Platinum have next priority and FTTF.

The maître d make the seating chart usually the week before.