Travel from Disney World to Miami Cruise Port

scottishgirl87

I am toying (well trying to persuade the other half ;)) with doing a week at Disney (we've been a few times before) followed by a Caribbean cruise for my 30th next year. Having looked at my dates I've narrowed it down to a cruise on the NCL Escape from Miami.

We have cruised before but not from Miami which I understand is about 4 hours drive from Disney. I know internal flights between Orlando and Miami are an option but are there any other affordable options other than renting a car?

Renting a car is your best bet. There are no one way drop off charges in FL and you can easily connect to the Trpke from DW. Look at car rentals with agencies in downtown Miami, like Budget. Closer to cruise port.

Renting a car is your best bet. There are no one way drop off charges in FL and you can easily connect to the Trpke from DW. Look at car rentals with agencies in downtown Miami, like Budget. Closer to cruise port.

Thanks, not ruling it out just wondered if there were other options.

... are there any other affordable options other than renting a car?

Amtrak train service runs between Orlando and Miami - not sure about affordability or schedules.

I would also look at bus service - Big Red bus and MegaBus are sometimes mentioned on this board.

I suspect after all of your searching you will find that a one-day rental for $50 or less (plus tolls and gas) will be your best bet (as long as you are comfortable driving on the correct side of the road). National, Alamo and Thrifty offer free shuttles to POM from their MIA airport location, which will save you the "excitement" of driving in downtown Miami traffic.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint of heavy.

I looked into Megabus and several other private shuttle type services and nothing came close to the cost and convenience of a one day car rental. I Googled every possible option I could think of. I went with Alamo and pick up at the Intercontinental and will drop off at the Disney Car Care Center and take the Disney shuttle to my resort hotel.

Mark