Shore Excursions when?

Jme4166

It can vary. I've seen them available over a year out, but on other cruises not available a few months out.

I've currently have cruises booked which have had excursions available for some ports for months, but other ports without any yet.

Basically, they show up when they show up.

Edited by KeithJenner

It can vary. I've seen them available over a year out, but on other cruises not available a few months out.

I've currently have cruises booked which have had excursions available for some ports for months, but other ports without any yet.

Basically, they show up when they show up.

I agree. When they start a new run the shorex can be very late appearing. The Star going to Asia being a case in point.

Mike

I too am running into this myself. Although my cruise isn't until March 2017 (Gem NYC 03/29/17), I have never had an issue on previous cruises where shore excursions were not immediately available at booking no matter how far out. Glad to read that it is not just me - I was starting to get nervous that maybe something was wrong with my booking! Hahah

I have been watching every day for my November Epic cruise. St. Thomas popped up one day, I booked the one I wanted, and all the rest disappeared the next day. Very strange!

This could well be the norm. You have booked a shorex and no other shorex in that port could be taken by you. If it had been a half day shorex and there was another half day one that fitted in then it would also still appear.

Mike

I have never had this issue with other cruise lines...this is our first time sailing NCL. It makes me want to go with a third party .

I'd do that anyway, or even better just do your own thing.

Obviously I understand that this isn't always possible, due to the types of activities.

Edited by KeithJenner

This could well be the norm. You have booked a shorex and no other shorex in that port could be taken by you. If it had been a half day shorex and there was another half day one that fitted in then it would also still appear.

Mike

Yup, that's what happened to me on a cruise this winter. I had booked a shorex on line for a certain port, and after that, nothing appeared at all for that port. I called NCL's shorex desk to ask about this, and they said once you book something for a port, you can no longer see other excursions for the same time.

I actually think this is silly, because you might change your mind and want to book a different excursion; why shouldn't you be able to view what's offered? Also, NCL often adds excursions as the time goes on. If the issue is that NCL doesn't want you to book something that will conflict with a prior booking, they can easily program their system to not allow that.