New Orleans flight time

rjl1977

Do you plan to self assist?

We use self assist, and we're normally off of the ship by 7:30 or 8:00. Grab a cab, 20 minutes to the airport, and you're there and in line before 9:00.

A million things can go wrong, and the timeframe won't work, but, under normal circumstances, you should have no problem.

If you get tsa precheck for 85.00 a person you breeze through security, takes about a week to get approved and is good for 5 years. No more taking out laptops, taking off shoes, and get your own dedicated line, cruised out of nolo in April and went from taxi to waiting at gate in 17 minutes and checked bags as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In our experiences, NOLA airport takes about 30 minutes to check in, go through security, etc. It's a small airport with a lot of security checkpoints so there's like 2 people in line..lol we always fly southwest so I don't know if their terminal matters for efficiency.

That said, our last cruise from NOLA in DEC was supposed to dock at 8am but no one was permitted to be off the ship until around noon. coast guard or customs delay can happen on any sailing. If you are on an airline that charges for changes, that could end up being pretty pricey if you miss the flight.

The southwest security side is normally easier than if flying American. We waited almost an hour in April to get through TSA. They had one body scanner open for everyone who was not Pre Check.

I would go slightly later, if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you. Your answer have been helpful. I've never cruised out of NOLA so I don't know the potential weather issues, coast guard drills, debark process time, or potential airport issues. There were later options for flights home. I didn't want to wait too long if I didn't have to. Luckily, I don't have to book today.

Depending on the sailing, time of year, and weather that could really be cutting it close. We've been late off the Conquest from New Orleans and not getting off the ship until 9 am even with zone 1.

I would look for a 1:30 option or so.

NOLA has a baggage service at the port where they take your bags to the airport for you for about $40 for all your bags (we had 3). That way, if you have several hours before you need to be at the airport, you can go have one more amazing meal in the quarter and not worry about your bags. We left on a Sunday so found a fun bar to watch the broncos game and flew out at 5pm.

Debarkation from the Dream in NOLA this morning was a zoo. It was well after 10am before we pulled out of the parking garage. For us self assist and zone debarkation turned out to be the same time. We were in a deck 11 balcony cabin [emoji849]