Platinum - Diamond Party

Ohio Bucki

I'm sailing in November on the Glory out of Miami, 7 day cruise.

This will be my first cruise as Platinum, Is the Platinum-Diamond party held on a typical day of the cruise? Is it held in the large theater or one of the smaller areas. How long does it typically last and is it basically the same as the past guest parties I attended back when Gold member could attend? Thanks!!

It's the same typical get together as when you were a Gold member. I haven't cruised on Carnival since 2015, but it was the same as usual then. IIRC it was held in a theater and was held 2 nights before debarkation day. It was about 30 minutes long, the drinks and snacks were good, I don't expect anything different this time around.

This will be my first cruise as Platinum, Is the Platinum-Diamond party held on a typical day of the cruise? Is it held in the large theater or one of the smaller areas. How long does it typically last and is it basically the same as the past guest parties I attended back when Gold member could attend? Thanks!!

We have been home from our Pride cruise for six days so it's still very fresh in my mind.

The D & P party was held in the same lounge as the Punchliner on the last SEA DAY AT 5:00 pm. Though there were 80 P and 5 D, there were fewer than 50 people there. The CD spoke, the captain spoke, there were three contests. Food was plentiful. Drinks were free-flowing. (Note: though servers have trays of drinks, we ordered whatever we wanted. This time we had Twilight Zones. We gave the server a couple of dollars as a gratuity and he kept bringing us drinks.)

I definitely like the new party atmosphere over the older one. When Gold card holders were included, there were hundreds and hundreds of people and we hardly ever got served.

Enjoy!

We have been home from our Pride cruise for six days so it's still very fresh in my mind.

The D & P party was held in the same lounge as the Punchliner on the last SEA DAY AT 5:00 pm. Though there were 80 P and 5 D, there were fewer than 50 people there. The CD spoke, the captain spoke, there were three contests. Food was plentiful. Drinks were free-flowing. (Note: though servers have trays of drinks, we ordered whatever we wanted. This time we had Twilight Zones. We gave the server a couple of dollars as a gratuity and he kept bringing us drinks.)

I definitely like the new party atmosphere over the older one. When Gold card holders were included, there were hundreds and hundreds of people and we hardly ever got served.

Enjoy!

I agree, I like it better too. What is a Twilight Zone? That sounds interesting :D The food is much better than the old parties too!

It can be a bit different on the Journey cruises, since they tend to attract more seasoned passengers. On the Glory B2B in Jan and Feb, the P&D party was attended by over 500 the 1st leg, and even more on the 2nd.

I was just on the Glory in March. The platinum party is held in the Ebony lounge at the far aft on the promenade deck at 5:30 on the last day before debarkation. They have many servers with drinks, appetizers and a huge tub full of foreign and domestic beers on ice.

I need to get on a ship soon so I can see for myself. Have to admit I'm still a little salty about being booted out for being Gold, but my next one I'll be Platinum [emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

I think you will enjoy it much more!

I agree, I like it better too. What is a Twilight Zone? That sounds interesting :D The food is much better than the old parties too

It's one of my favorites!

"Twilight Zone"

1oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/2oz Melon Liqueur

1 1/2oz coconut cream

5oz crushed ice

float of Blue Curaco

Blend all ingredients except Blue Curaco unti smooth, then float Blue Curaco over the top

Edited by LibratPDX

Been to about 4 now. Easy to get as many drinks as you want lots of servers giving them out and getting your drinks of choice.

Apps IMHO nothing special only about 3 choices and if you dont eat pork or shell fish can be only 1 choice.

It is a much nicer party than the old one but it really only lasts about 40 minutes but we have been sticking around drinking our last few drinks after it officially ends.

I agree, I like it better too. What is a Twilight Zone? That sounds interesting :D The food is much better than the old parties too

It's one of my favorites!

"Twilight Zone"

1oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/2oz Melon Liqueur

1 1/2oz coconut cream

5oz crushed ice

float of Blue Curaco

Blend all ingredients except Blue Curaco unti smooth, then float Blue Curaco over the top

We've had them all green when the bar runs out of Blue Curaçao. Actually prefer it that way.

If there are a multitude of D's & P's there will be several parties. Our Miracle Journeys cruise had around 700 split among three parties the last sea day.

We had three games---Name the Epaulette, Name the Ship, and guess the number of candies in the bag.

Usually one award was given out for various special things. One cruise it was the oldest/most traveled guest. Another was the youngest Platinum, a third was the person who booked at the last minute (Journeys Cruise).

Don't know if this is done on all ships or the CD's schtick. We've only done these parties on the Miracle with Chloe Loddo.

Edited by SadieN

On the Sunshine in April...

Party was held the last day in the main (Liquid Lounge) lounge.

Drinks were mostly rum punch but there was beer and you could also order what you wanted.

There were a lot more people than we expected - and party was basically the same as the previous past guest parties.

I did miss the slower rundown of the ships, however!!

We had three games---Name the Epaulette, Name the Ship, and guess the number of candies in the bag.

Usually one award was given out for various special things. One cruise it was the oldest/most traveled guest. Another was the youngest Platinum, a third was the person who booked at the last minute (Journeys Cruise).

Don't know if this is done on all ships or the CD's schtick. We've only done these parties on the Miracle with Chloe Loddo.

Had the same three games several times now so guess it must be standard.

On ours the youngest platinum looked to be about 6. The most travelled was just under 300 days with CCL.

I don't eat pork or shellfish either. I grab a snack on Lido before I go. I order the "Chocolate Mocha"-yum! You can bring back the bottled drinks for later (they have hard cider in bottles too). Last year I won the Guess the Staff Baby Pix contest. Got a small plaque. I use it like a coaster!

I don't eat pork or shellfish either. I grab a snack on Lido before I go. I order the "Chocolate Mocha"-yum! You can bring back the bottled drinks for later (they have hard cider in bottles too). Last year I won the Guess the Staff Baby Pix contest. Got a small plaque. I use it like a coaster!

Last year we were the only Diamonds on a cruise so we got the plaque for most travelled. CD said it looked like a toilet paper holder.

Also got the Choc Mocha. Good but a bit too sweet.

Great party for trying out drinks to see if we like them.

That's my drink of choice, too. I gave the gal a $1 tip when I ordered the 1st one & she was looking my way about 10 minutes later waiting for me to nod my head. For the 3rd one, I ordered white wine which I then took with me to dinner.

Much nicer party than in the past.

Had the same three games several times now so guess it must be standard.

On ours the youngest platinum looked to be about 6. The most travelled was just under 300 days with CCL.

Not the case on our cruise.

My daughter, age 11 was hoping to be recognized as a young Platinum, but never mentioned the youngest.

They did bring a guy up on stage with over 1000 days cruising, however. That is crazy!!

I enjoyed making frequent trips to the tub full of beer bottles!

App's didn't do anything for us, so we passed on them.

Same 3 games as the others reported.

Just nice to have a small, more intimate party in the new environment.

Not the case on our cruise.

My daughter, age 11 was hoping to be recognized as a young Platinum, but never mentioned the youngest.

They did bring a guy up on stage with over 1000 days cruising, however. That is crazy!!

1000 days wow.

Was he the guy who always wears a hat with each of his stick pins on it? Some years ago met someone who at the time had over 100 pins and never understood how he kept his head up all day.