VOOM questions please?

Hi

My husband and I will be travelling on the Anthem in a few weeks time and have been offered the VOOM package at a 30% discount if we purchase pre-cruise. We don't normally bother with onboard internet but we have a lot of sea days this cruise and I understand it is amongst the best coverage at sea.

We have some questions re this:-

1) Some posts have suggested to wait until we are onboard to take advantage of a Crown and Anchor discount - can anyone let me know what this is? We are at Emerald

2) Onboard can you just purchase a few days cover or does it need to go for the whole cruise?

3) We want the internet to check emails, news, FaceTime/Skype our children, use WhatsApp - I'm not sure whether I need the basic Voom Surf for this or will I need the Voom Surf and Stream?

Hope someone can help :)

Edited by Bootsy15

Sorry I can't answer your specific questions as I did go for the pre-purchase offer, it seemed like a great discount. I am also Emerald, but didn't bother to check the onboard discount, probably the usual 15% or so. You will most certainly want "surf and stream" if you want to Skype. Skype works great over Voom, as does FaceTime. I turn off the video and also used Skype to call landlines and cell phones, much better than paying $2.99/min. I bought for the entire cruise and used it quite a bit, but I'm a bit of a technophile.

Edited by gothcrsr77

Hi

My husband and I will be travelling on the Anthem in a few weeks time and have been offered the VOOM package at a 30% discount if we purchase pre-cruise. We don't normally bother with onboard internet but we have a lot of sea days this cruise and I understand it is amongst the best coverage at sea.

We have some questions re this:-

1) Some posts have suggested to wait until we are onboard to take advantage of a Crown and Anchor discount - can anyone let me know what this is? We are at Emerald. I believe the Emerald discount is 15%.

2) Onboard can you just purchase a few days cover or does it need to go for the whole cruise? You can purchase one day at a time, but the daily price will be more than if you buy the entire cruise.

3) We want the internet to check emails, news, FaceTime/Skype our children, use WhatsApp - I'm not sure whether I need the basic Voom Surf for this or will I need the Voom Surf and Stream? You need stream for any type of video.

Hope someone can help :)

See answers in RED above.

I was going to ask the same thing [emoji3] so can I please attach a follow-up query? If you buy the "one device package" is that one at a time or literally one device? I'll have my iPhone and iPad and will only use one at a time, but would like to alternate depending on where I am.

I was going to ask the same thing [emoji3] so can I please attach a follow-up query? If you buy the "one device package" is that one at a time or literally one device? I'll have my iPhone and iPad and will only use one at a time, but would like to alternate depending on where I am.

Any number of different devices, but only one at a time.

Hi

1) Some posts have suggested to wait until we are onboard to take advantage of a Crown and Anchor discount - can anyone let me know what this is? We are at Emerald

With the current pricing, you are better off buying the package pre cruise, if you want Internet the whole time. You can buy the package for the remaining days at any time ($13/day SURF, $18/day STREAM).

With the current pricing, you are better off buying the package pre cruise, if you want Internet the whole time. You can buy the package for the remaining days at any time ($13/day SURF, $18/day STREAM).

Thanks Biker! Sounds like Rhapsody is using same ol' same ol'. I started a thread with your name in it asking specific questions about the Rhapsody if you don't mind answering when you get a moment :).