No luggage valet on Solstice

The cruise was great. The naturalist Brent Nixon made the trip don't miss his talks. There is a 3 hr post cruise city tour you can take and they take your luggage and drop you off at seatac. I also found out that delta will check in your luggage 6 hrs prior to your flight you can take the light rail from the airport to downtown

The cruise was great. The naturalist Brent Nixon made the trip don't miss his talks. There is a 3 hr post cruise city tour you can take and they take your luggage and drop you off at seatac. I also found out that delta will check in your luggage 6 hrs prior to your flight you can take the light rail from the airport to downtown

I also just got back from the same trip. It was a great trip. As for tips many raved about the Tracey Arm Fjord catamaran, personally we found it like watching paint dry, as did another couple that we met on board and when we looked around many many people snoozing or looking bored, this was the only excursion we did through Celebrity as they are the only ones who offer it.

We were disappointed that Michael's Club no longer has anything but appetizer, small plate type munchies. On disembarkation there was also no continental breakfast. having said these two things We LOVED everything else. Another vote for Brent Nixon he is spectacular, staff is very pleasant and friendly, food was good, specialty restaurants were great.

We stayed pre and post cruise at Cedarbrook Lodge at Sea_tac and loved it. They also told us about a tour (northwest tours) that sounds like perhaps what the above poster did, they picked us up at the pier (this was an additional $12 p/p) we took what they called the post city tour plus which was 6 hours (did everything in the three hr tour but gave us an hour at the space needle and 2 hrs at Pike PLace Market, made another stop or two and dropped us off at hotel. We loved it. Please feel free to ask any other questions..

Wendy

What other excursions did you do? We have whale watching booked in Juneau through Harv and Marv. Considering maybe the White Pass Railroad. Thanks for your info.

We were booked on my bucket list of the helicopter ride to the glacier than the dog sled ride and mush camp, this was the third time it got cancelled on is due to weather so we have decided this is not a tour for us,( Junueau)

On our previous trip to Alaska we did the float/raft trip through the ( I forget the exact name either an eagle preserve or some type of preserve lol, it was amazing, we would have done this again but DH got really into photography and we booked a photography tour through shore excursions.com it was wonderful, he took us to great sites, showed us how to best use our cameras, ankles, exposures etc. ( btw all of the above paragraph was in Skagway ) however a wonderful coup,e we met did the luxury railroad ( I think she said it is only 12 people on the luxury car) and they loved that too.

Ketchikan, we did on our own, on a previous trip we did the floatplane, not our favorite as I do t like to fly and felt it just got long.

Victoria, if you have never been, Butchart Gardens is one of the main attractions, I would suggest doing This combined with maybe high tea at the Empress hotel.

If you have Abu other questions, feel free to ask away. This is a great trip!

We are in same situation in a couple weeks. What did you get off the ship and what did you do to pass time during the day?

Also, how was the cruise??

We had the same issue. We ended up doing a excursion in Seattle that lasted till 1:30pm or so. Cost much more ($89), but saved me from my anger since we planed our vacation so carefully up until that blindside!

We are from Florida as well, sailing 6/24... Can I ask how you Floridians packed? Especially for the evenings!

While booking, I inquired about the luggage valet and was told it was available so we shall see!

Thanks for your help!

If you booked last year, there probably was Luggage Valet in Seattle, but this season apparently there isn't.

I wonder why? Mustn't have been worth it for the company doing it.

Edited by MicCanberra