Inside temp on HAL Amsterdam Alaska cruises

balmybreeze

Just got back from the Westerdam Alaska cruise. It was cool enough inside that I needed long pants and long sleeves. If you are outside, you will need a jacket or heavy sweater and turtleneck or scarf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Has anyone taken a recent cruise on the Amsterdam, especially to Alaska. Is this ship cold or warm inside? Can't figure out what to pack. Thanks.

I just got off the Amsterdam yesterday. It was five nights from San Diego to Vancouver.

The inside temperature on the ship was probably about 70 degrees. Fairly comfortable throughout the ship. Most passengers wore pants and either short sleeve or long sleeve tops inside.

I did an Alaskan cruise on the lovely Amsterdam last year at the end of May.

It was so cold on that ship that I ended up buying one of their nice and warm and lined jackets to wear when I was on the ship. A lot of other people had to do the same thing too. The cabin was fine because I could set the temp in there, but when walking around inside the ship, it was downright cold!

It's very subjective. As someone mentioned, inside temps are approx 69-70 degrees Fahrenheit. For some that's a bit cool, for others it's a bit warm it all depends on what you like or are used to.

We were on the last Amsterdam Alaska cruise in September 2015. I was comfortable wearing a sweater during the day in the public areas. I prefer cooler temperatures and tend to keep the cabin at 65* whenever possible so I might be the exception to the rule.

I found it very comfortable when we were on the

Nieuw Amsterdam a week or so ago, but the weather outside

was very warm. It was a lovely week and I did not wear many

of the sweaters I brought. Good thing I had short sleeves too.