Not Bikini ready !!!

Crewboxer01

I'm on the large size and honestly, the place where I feel the LEAST uncomfortable about my size is on a cruise - because there are so many large people! I also happily go to the spa because I know I'm not going to be the fattest person there. I don't always feel that way on land! Enjoy your cruise!

I recently saw a commercial for Sandals and was stunned to notice the "guests" were played by physically fit white people and the only people of color were "staff" members. It was a huge turn off.

We spent four nights at Atlantis last December on a trip I won. We watched all their videos beforehand as we had never been there. It looked as if everyone was under thirty and skinny. When we got there, not so much. ;-)

We spent four nights at Atlantis last December on a trip I won. We watched all their videos beforehand as we had never been there. It looked as if everyone was under thirty and skinny. When we got there, not so much. ;-)

NEWS FLASH: Sometimes advertisers portray products falsely.

I recently saw a commercial for Sandals and was stunned to notice the "guests" were played by physically fit white people and the only people of color were "staff" members. It was a huge turn off.

Sandals, at least last I was there, well - the buildings the scenery and activities are accurate. The people are not. I saw older, heavier, mixture of ethnicities and types of couples. It was amazing - I'm a big girl and I lost that worry quickly at Sandals.

As for rockin it on a cruise - I tend to get the spa pass so I get more privacy in the hot tubs and pools. That and I people watch for a bit. That gets my confidence up seeing all those happy people who look way worse than I do enjoying themselves way more than I am I realize I'm not the biggest or ugliest one there. That and I tend to wear cute swim dresses with little skirts that emphasize my assets and minimize the bad parts. It's all how you work it.

Do you have a bikini? Do you have a body? Voila! You have a bikini body!

Lol, in seriousness, everyone has self-confidence issues sometimes. I'm on the thinner side and I know I do for sure! Dress for yourself and ignore anyone else!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I felt the same way so what I did is went to women within end up another two-piece sense and that way I don't look quite so bad and it has shoulder sleeve it's like a T-shirt but it's a swimming suit and now I can go back to the pool by the way see ya pool side

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please put on your swimsuit -& enjoy your vacation -I am not a size 2 either -but I have 6 swimsuits -I wear them on land vacations & will be wearing them on my 2nd up coming cruise -wherever you go on this earth -there will always be someone smaller than you --and someone larger -don't sweat the small stuff -live your life & enjoy your cruise

I once saw a very plus size middle age woman rocking a bikini while sitting poolside. I remember being envious of her self confidence, her attitude, and her spirit. She was the most beautiful woman I ever saw and I prayed that I could have at least 20% of her aura. Go on that cruise and rock that swimsuit!

Coka

Edited by coka

I have been both plus and non plus sized and have worn bikinis on cruises and felt totally comfortable. Actually at my heaviest someone complemented my suit and said I was tiny! At least as far as bodies go, everyone I've met on a cruise has been very kind to one another (As we should be! All bodies are swimsuit ready bodies).

Please go enjoy your vacation!

Yes there will be people of all shapes and sizes in all kinds of bathing suits sunbathing, swimming, and just enjoying a day in the sun. Everyone is there to enjoy their vacation and it will be no different for you.

Just go and be you and don't worry about everyone else.

Go and have a good time. As stated earlier, you will never see these people again and most could care less if you are a stringbean or chunk. By the way, I'm a chunk.;)

I just wished people would look in the mirror before and after they dress to go somewhere. It is not about the size but about looking presentable and choosing something that fits our individual body shape. I wouldn't mind wearing one of those modern ultra slim shirts but looking at my belly clearly tells me no way.

Put on a swimsuit that you feel comfortable in, go out there and enjoy yourself! It really is mind over matter.."if you don't mind, it don't matter". Ps. It's not the size of your clothes but the size of your heart that matters!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a first time cruiser, I am not a size 2 but a bigger lady with a love of the water and would love to sit and enjoy the sun like everyone else. However because of society people seem to think that if you are a larger person you should not be in a bathing suit, let alone be sunning. Is there all shapes and sizes on the cruises? Should I feel comfortable to relax and swim like everyone else. Please be honest. Also any tips for our cruise for the first s=time would be great. :)

Work what you got, it's your vacation [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what the problem is, right? All of the commercials show cruisers as beautiful people, couples gazing lovingly at each other and impeccably dressed, well-behaved children and so on. Hardly reality!

commercial comment is true. my ex saw the vids on the NCL site and said she was too fat and would be awkward. darn ads

oh cant we get speedos banned. who here truly wants to see one?

commercial comment is true. my ex saw the vids on the NCL site and said she was too fat and would be awkward. darn ads

oh cant we get speedos banned. who here truly wants to see one?

While it's true that the ads are not necessarily representative of what everyone looks like- Who really gives a crap because diversity is more important IMO-

Parents though bear the responsibility for brat kids as well as a reasonable manner of dress.

We can go round and round about debating what appropriate attire is, but the theme is different on various lines. Reasonable person theory on what appropriate attire is on Carnival is going to be vastly different than Celebrity or Princess.

While it's true that the ads are not necessarily representative of what everyone looks like- Who really gives a crap because diversity is more important IMO-

Parents though bear the responsibility for brat kids as well as a reasonable manner of dress.

We can go round and round about debating what appropriate attire is, but the theme is different on various lines. Reasonable person theory on what appropriate attire is on Carnival is going to be vastly different than Celebrity or Princess.

I think number one rule is wear clothes that fit! That goes for skinnies and fluffies. If your clothes fit and your are neat and clean-who cares if you are big or small or tall or short..

I am a fluffy by the way:D

Don't worry about it! You are beautiful, your are sexy, you are smart, etc! Tell yourself that every day! Trust me-most cruisers are not Baywatch Babes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Let's not limit this to women, although that's how the OP framed her question.

There will even be a guy in a tiny Speedo with a huge beer gut too.

You must have been on our Med cruise with 800 Russians. The girls were all in their 20's running around in bikinis & heels & the guys were all in their 60's 0r older, built like Kruschev or Yeltsin, wearing little tiny speedos.:D

You must have been on our Med cruise with 800 Russians. The girls were all in their 20's running around in bikinis & heels & the guys were all in their 60's 0r older, built like Kruschev or Yeltsin, wearing little tiny speedos.:D

:eek:

I am a first time cruiser, I am not a size 2 but a bigger lady with a love of the water and would love to sit and enjoy the sun like everyone else. However because of society people seem to think that if you are a larger person you should not be in a bathing suit, let alone be sunning. Is there all shapes and sizes on the cruises? Should I feel comfortable to relax and swim like everyone else. Please be honest. Also any tips for our cruise for the first s=time would be great. :)

Omg! Go and enjoy yourself and if someone doesn't like it, eff them! I'm a member of Team Chunk and I saw it all on the Getaway and didn't feel weird at all. I hit the escape on Saturday and plan to sun and swim. I'm sure you are gorgeous no matter what your size,.