Not Bikini ready !!!

Crewboxer01

I am a first time cruiser, I am not a size 2 but a bigger lady with a love of the water and would love to sit and enjoy the sun like everyone else. However because of society people seem to think that if you are a larger person you should not be in a bathing suit, let alone be sunning. Is there all shapes and sizes on the cruises? Should I feel comfortable to relax and swim like everyone else. Please be honest. Also any tips for our cruise for the first s=time would be great. :)

Don't worry there all shapes and sizes, just enjoy your cruise.

You must have been on our Med cruise with 800 Russians. The girls were all in their 20's running around in bikinis & heels & the guys were all in their 60's 0r older, built like Kruschev or Yeltsin, wearing little tiny speedos.:D

It doesn't take much to figure out what that group was all about. Lol

Please just go and enjoy your cruise!!! NO ONE has a right to judge...IMO. I am on the Bigger size as well and don't give a hill of beans what others think! I feel good about ME and you should as well!

I went on the Breakaway in March, during spring break. I was a *little* worried, as I am what I call super plus size (a 24) I marched my happy bottom down to Lane Bryant and tried on swim suits until i found one that made me feel pretty. It was expensive AND WORTH EVERY PENNY. I felt amazing. And I wore that suit every day. Happily.

Yes! Perfect! My mother always said if you feel good, then you smile and then you look good.

Many wise responses! Like a previous poster, I too found nice swimsuits/swim outfits at Lands' End for us big, beautiful ladies. [emoji41] check out their website. And I also can't stress enough the importance of sunscreen! During my first Caribbean cruise ages ago, I got sooo burned the first full day that it ruined the next few days and I was in too much pain to put on anything much. Get the waterproof stuff! Have a blast!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am a first time cruiser, I am not a size 2 but a bigger lady with a love of the water and would love to sit and enjoy the sun like everyone else. However because of society people seem to think that if you are a larger person you should not be in a bathing suit, let alone be sunning. Is there all shapes and sizes on the cruises? Should I feel comfortable to relax and swim like everyone else. Please be honest. Also any tips for our cruise for the first s=time would be great. :)

No reason to not go swimming and enjoy it all. There are lots of larger ladies on cruise ships Believe me, you will not be the only larger lady on the ship in a swimsuit. Buy yourself a cute swimsuit (check out Lane Bryant) and enjoy your cruise! Just be sure to use sunblock - the sun is very strong in the Caribbean.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

I discovered an outlet for larger sized swimsuits called swimsuits for all – check out their website. They have adorable suits and coverups, and I haven't been disappointed with anything that I have ordered from them.

• 2 weeks later...

If any one has trouble getting up from the loungers, like I do, I bought 4 bed risers and they fit on each leg of the chair. It is so easy to get up and down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If any one has trouble getting up from the loungers, like I do, I bought 4 bed risers and they fit on each leg of the chair. It is so easy to get up and down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How smart are you?!!

I just read this thread. I've got a tummy issue and generally try to hide it with tankinis or skirted suits. I just got on line and bought a (albeit high waisted bottom) bikini from Lands End. I know my husband would rather see me in that than the big cover ups I've been wearing. Carpe diem!

I know a surefire way to get a fast bikini body:

1. Have a body.

2. Wear a bikini.

in all seriousness, the only person keeping you from wearing a bikini is you. If you love your body, dress it in whatever makes it feel best. Forget about other people. Opinions are like bottoms(<--PC version)....everybody has one.

Forget about other people. Opinions are like bottoms(<--PC version)....everybody has one.

I couldn't say it any better. To quote the late Ricky Nelson, " You can't please everyone, you just gotta please yourself."