Can you wash clothes onboard ship?

I am curious to know if there are washers and dryers onboard ship that you can use to wash clothes on your own instead of leaving it to housekeeping. If there is, how much does it cost?

I am think of packing a lot less and just do a quick load halfway through the week. Thanks!!

Id think most if not all ships have DIY laundry, driers and ironing boards. Dunno about cost.... im sure someone will be able to advise on that... probably an idea to take same washing capsules with you.

Yes, we did laundry ourselves during the inaugural. There was no way we were going to pack enough clothes for 3 weeks! Its cashless on your S&S card but I believe it was $3 to wash and $3 to dry. We brought our own detergent so we didn't have to buy any there but there is a machine to purchase some if you need to.

Yes, we did laundry ourselves during the inaugural. There was no way we were going to pack enough clothes for 3 weeks! Its cashless on your S&S card but I believe it was $3 to wash and $3 to dry. We brought our own detergent so we didn't have to buy any there but there is a machine to purchase some if you need to.

Do you happen to remember the hours and how many machines?

We just returned from our cruise on the Vista. We were directly across from the laundry in room 8339. The laundry was open 24 hours a day. Although it was convenient for doing laundry and ironing, doors slammed all night. I mentioned this to the lady who came to inspect the laundry, and she said they might have to start closing it at a certain hour. At the present time, I can attest to the fact that it is open 24 hours a day.

We threw in the cruise before our TA, and we are right next the laundry on deck 8 :eek: I guess the first part of the cruise hopefully won't have much action, but later we might have noise. I guess we will sleep on the TA from our balcony room.

My sister just came back yesterday from the Vista, not as much storage, and they seemed smaller cabins.

I don't remember seeing it on Carnival Magic. I thought that laundry mats are only on Disney Cruise Ships.

we did laundry on ship but one of my white blouses came out FILTHY. I called guest services and they picked up my blouse and cleaned it professionally all within 3 hours. This was great customer service!

Just back from 5/24 Med cruise. Yes, there was a "Pax Launderette" at least on Deck 1. However, it was crowded every time we tried to use it, even late at night. Cost is $3.00 (on your Sign & Sail card) for wash and $3 for dry. Detergent dispenser is $1.50, but we saw many others who brought their own detergent pods as a much cheaper alternative. Dryer sheets are also available at $1.50 from the dispenser, but you can bring your own. There were 3 washers and 3 dryers in the laundry room.

I was on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago and I met a family that ALWAYS bring along rolls of quarters. The lady said she never went home with dirty laundry she always did the dirty clothes before the got off the ship.

I'm going on the Vista Dec 3, 2016 and we are flying in before so we will be doing some washing, or having it done either way..