Progressive check in

cruisinfanatic

We have the earliest boarding time which we are really pleased about as we will be able to eat and settle in early. We have paid for the whole day and want to make the most of it. We hope that not too many arrive early for their time.

We, too, have paid for a whole day and when given a 2:30 boarding time, it sure cuts into that. Not really sure how or why they decide that certain decks get to board earlier than others. I think it all just really works out well when you get to port once your flight arrives or after your hotel check-out time, or when you get there by car. And even though it may be more crowded at certain times, it does kind of flow anyway.

This is all fine and well unless Customs is involved.

We sat in a large room with 3 other cruise ship passengers in Vancouver, did not get on ship until 7PM. Ship was late leaving for Glacier Bay. First date in May/2016........not enough staff at Customs,et al. Felt like we lost a whole day.

Everyone, CC people, hotel, you name it, told us to go later to avoid this.....some got there at 10:30 and were allowed on with the Disabled.

Normally, we prefer to go around 1PM....not worth the rush to "get on the ship" ...:cool:

Edited by CU64
incorrect

I prefer not to wait in large crowds in line outside and inside the terminal. So many are Preferred any more that sometimes that line is longer! For our Cruise on the Regal last month we arrived a little after 1 PM and there was no line and once you checked in you just walked right on board. We met our friends for lunch at Alfredos, a completely stress free start to a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer not to wait in large crowds in line outside and inside the terminal. So many are Preferred any more that sometimes that line is longer! For our Cruise on the Regal last month we arrived a little after 1 PM and there was no line and once you checked in you just walked right on board. We met our friends for lunch at Alfredos, a completely stress free start to a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course the lines are always shorter when you arrive late but what else is there to do on the day of the cruise besides getting to the port? Unless you live down the block from the cruise terminal most people would rather wait in line then bide their time arriving. You can't tell what might delay you from arriving at the terminal & missing the trip altogether.

People arriving by plane don't have much choice as to their arrival time anyway.

Can I ask .... if we are on deck 12 and apparently were in the first 100 to book the cruise for Feb 2018 will this help us get an early chk in ?

We flyou from UK to singapore. Our hotel chk out as 11am and we will have a car picking us up. We were planning on going straight to the port 🙄