Beach-AL

CRP2012TX

Advice please- wanting to enjoy the beach and somewhere with a pool if possible! Don't necessarily need the all inclusive! Coming with a 9 month old so no taxi ride from the pier would be a plus :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Advice please- wanting to enjoy the beach and somewhere with a pool if possible! Don't necessarily need the all inclusive! Coming with a 9 month old so no taxi ride from the pier would be a plus :)

If you are docking at Puerta Maya or International you can't beat El Cid, or Park Royal for convenience.

Not a long sandy beach, and the view is of the ships docked at International but it is within walking distance of the piers. (Walk oceanside until you reach the entrance to Park Royal if you have a stroller.)

Park Royal is AI, food and drinks from 11-6pm, although you can access property earlier to use facilities, but no food and drink. They have 3 pools including one free-form with swim-up bar on hotel side of road and two (I think) on the beach side, accessed by a tunnel under the road. Buffet lunch or snack bars.

El Cid has a couple of passes, one AI which used to be more expensive than Park Royal and a less expensive one, about $20 which allows you to use facilities with $10 food and beverage credit. (If you are going AI, I would recommend Park Royal, less expensive and better facilities IMO.) El Cid is good if you just want a short time.

If you are docking in town, you can walk to Hotel Cozumel, or No Name Bar.

None of the above will have long, sandy beaches like the southern beach clubs but they first two do offer sandy area for digging and the ability to easily walk back to ship for nap.

Thanks. We are coming in on carnival!

Most carnival ships come into Puerta Maya, a few into Punta Langosta (town).

Edited by c-leg5

There isn't much to choose from without a cab ride. We always go to paradise beach. Three dollars per person and you get a chair and umbrella and use of the pool. Food is good there too and reasonably priced. The cab ride wasn't too long