the upside to tableclothes...

Out of Iowa

the aft dining room on Glory shakes and vibrates so badly (from the engines?) that we discovered the benefit to having the tableclothes on....they can lessen the chance that glassware (wine glasses, water goblets) will move to the table's edge and fall off!

We noticed a shattered wine glass on the carpet in the aft dining room before staff had a chance to clean.

I wondered aloud how much breakage (monetary loss) there has to be before the tableclothes return all the time?

Or perhaps they can resolve the very noticeable vibration problem?

Tablecloths won't be back for a few years at least. When the tables start to look like hell after years of wear and tear, it wouldn't surprise me to see them make a comeback. Cheaper to throw a tablecloth over the beat up table than to replace a room full of them.

If your dinner falls on the floor because it slid off the table, just wave them over to clean up the mess and bring you a new order of food. Screw 'em. Don't even worry about it.

the aft dining room on Glory shakes and vibrates so badly (from the engines?) that we discovered the benefit to having the tableclothes on....they can lessen the chance that glassware (wine glasses, water goblets) will move to the table's edge and fall off!

We noticed a shattered wine glass on the carpet in the aft dining room before staff had a chance to clean.

I wondered aloud how much breakage (monetary loss) there has to be before the tableclothes return all the time?

How do you know the wine glass wasn't accidentally knocked off by a person? I've seen that happen a few times.

Damn, I swore I'd never comment on this dead horse subject and I did it anyway.

Edited by Podna's

Are you serious? I have sailed the Glory twice and certainly never noticed any vibration that is going to cause glasses to travel across a table and fall off the edge. :cool: Unless you noticed waiters skittering across the floor and others holding on to their plates I doubt this is what happened.

And yet another tablecloth thread....enough already...they are gone and not coming back. The beards have spoken.

How do you know the wine glass wasn't accidentally knocked off by a person? I've seen that happen a few times.

Damn' date=' I swore I'd never comment on this dead horse subject and I did it anyway.[/quote']

If you resist the urge to feed them, they will starve to death on their own. :D

I love something under my sweaty glass...I hate picking up my glass, and having it drip on me. I hate having to ask for a cocktail napkin....it's rare they bring you one. A tablecloth is classy and should be on EVERY table.

We were at breakfast on the Freedom while the ship docked at Cozumel. The vibration was so bad that glasses bounced off several tables and a bottle of A-1 hit the floor, shattered and flew all over. The waiter tried to save some of the glasses and asked everyone in his station to hold onto their glasses.

Broken glass aside, the tablecloths help reduce noise in the dining room. I found on our last cruise that my formal dress sleeves got wet from the condensation.

Hopefully, the new tables will look shabby quickly so they cover them up with tablecloths.

Table cloth or no table cloth........Glory has more aft vibration than ANY ship I have been on and my next cruise is #25

That's not what I want to hear. I'm in a bowling alley aft balcony on the Glory in 2 weeks.

That's not what I want to hear. I'm in a bowling alley aft balcony on the Glory in 2 weeks.

I love the noise and vibration on the Glory. I purposefully book aft on either Deck 1 or 2. Only once did I have a problem with stuff moving around in the bathroom and that's because we made a hard turn or listed sometime during the night. I know because it woke me up. I was on Deck 1.

Oh and I always have a table in the Platinum Dining room aft by the windows and not once did any of us lose any glasses or had plates slide around. Even in rough seas.