Booking next cruise on board - question 1 for the day

What perk(s) are you offered (I know it's OBC but not sure how much) for booking next cruise on board. I'm sure it must have some variables like how long of a cruise you book, where, etc. I'm looking for the average 'perk' for booking a 7 day Caribbean cruise while on board my next cruise. And how does the OBC work? Is it for the cruise you currently are sailing or is it applied to the cruise you book? I'm wondering if it's worth waiting or not (and running the risk of not getting the type of cabin we want).

What perk(s) are you offered (I know it's OBC but not sure how much) for booking next cruise on board. I'm sure it must have some variables like how long of a cruise you book, where, etc. I'm looking for the average 'perk' for booking a 7 day Caribbean cruise while on board my next cruise. And how does the OBC work? Is it for the cruise you currently are sailing or is it applied to the cruise you book? I'm wondering if it's worth waiting or not (and running the risk of not getting the type of cabin we want).

OBC is per stateroom and is also equal to the deposit needed.

OBC can be for the current cruise or the future cruise, your choice. If you choose OBC for the current cruise, then the deposit becomes non-refundable.

OBC for booking a specific cruise

-------------------------------

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

OBC for Open Booking

---------------------

5-7 nights; $25

8-10 nights: $50

11-14 nights: $75

15+ nights: $100

Edited by clarea

Thanks Bob - this is what I can get NOW for OBC if I book with by online TA - so I'm thinking now for better choice of stateroom. You've been VERY helpful. As usual!

If you book onboard, you have 60 days to transfer to a TA, and you should be able to combine the Royal and TA OBC.

*sigh* Back to the drawing board.

One more point, which may affect your ability to transfer the booking.

When you book on board, if you used a travel agent on the current cruise, they will normally assign the new booking to the same travel agent. Sometimes they ask you if this is what you want, and sometimes they don't. So if you don't want the booking assigned to a travel agent, be sure tell them up front.

You can assign the booking to your TA when you book your next cruise onboard. They will get an email of your booking. If your TA has better pricing for the selected cruise, they can make the price adjustments. You can combine your TA's and the future cruise OBC together.

Some of the Future next cruise attendants can give incorrect information (I experienced this recently). Trust your TA and do your research in advance to select the cruise that appeals the most to you. Also as noted above the $100 deposit will be non-refundable if you choose to take the OBC during the current sailing. Make sure you tell them you want to apply to the future booking.

Things to note about future bookings: It's a good deal to get the extra OBC. it does limit you to any future promotions the cruise line offers when it's for new bookings only on your selected sailing. This will be considered an existing booking. So for example they run a promotion for free gratuities, spa and OBC. Since yours is an existing booking, you might not be able to cancel and rebook. You can reschedule your future booking to another sailing. Just things to consider when deciding if it's a choice you want to do.

For me I only do future bookings on RCCL if there is a specific sailing I know I will go on and believe I have the best price available. Otherwise I don't purchase one.

You can assign the booking to your TA when you book your next cruise onboard. They will get an email of your booking. If your TA has better pricing for the selected cruise, they can make the price adjustments. You can combine your TA's and the future cruise OBC together.

For me I only do future bookings on RCCL if there is a specific sailing I know I will go on and believe I have the best price available. Otherwise I don't purchase one.

Excellent information/points. The key is how to know if you have the best price available - with all the smoke and mirror "promotions/sales" that go on, it's so hard to know. I got lucky with my Harmony booking for next December but it was obvious the price was very low (even to a novice like me). As for what I'm considering, I don't have enough info to know whether now is a good deal or later. And although the TA I've used in the past seems honest and good, I don't know that they'd give me proper guidance on booking now versus booking later (My gut is they'd say to book now so they *know* that I'm booking). I'll have to think on this for a bit. Thanks for all the info and feedback.

Excellent information/points. The key is how to know if you have the best price available - with all the smoke and mirror "promotions/sales" that go on, it's so hard to know. I got lucky with my Harmony booking for next December but it was obvious the price was very low (even to a novice like me). As for what I'm considering, I don't have enough info to know whether now is a good deal or later. And although the TA I've used in the past seems honest and good, I don't know that they'd give me proper guidance on booking now versus booking later (My gut is they'd say to book now so they *know* that I'm booking). I'll have to think on this for a bit. Thanks for all the info and feedback.

Book now. As long as you are booking under US/CDN booking terms then you can get your cruise re priced up until final payment.

Am I to understand if you book a future cruise while on board the deposit is $100 per person?? Looking at a March cruise on the Serenade and if I book today the deposit is $900 ($450 each). Wouldn't it make sense to book while I'm on board in August??

Thanks,

Carol

Am I to understand if you book a future cruise while on board the deposit is $100 per person?? Looking at a March cruise on the Serenade and if I book today the deposit is $900 ($450 each). Wouldn't it make sense to book while I'm on board in August??

Thanks,

Carol

No, the deposit is the same as the OBC shown in post #2. Those OBC/deposit amounts are per stateroom.

The problem with waiting to book is that the price might go up more than any benefit you will receive from booking on board.

Edited by clarea