Cancel cruise to book another??

I know that I'm sounding like I'm mixed up to put it mildly!! Has anyone out there booked a cruise, did final payment, then saw another cruise they would rather do??? We have one for Aug. but I saw one for Jan. that I'd rather go on. We have insurance but it wouldn't be a medical issue. Just wondering what my options are at this point. I'm going to contact my TA also.

Thanks for help and suggestions.

Carol

I know that I'm sounding like I'm mixed up to put it mildly!! Has anyone out there booked a cruise, did final payment, then saw another cruise they would rather do??? We have one for Aug. but I saw one for Jan. that I'd rather go on. We have insurance but it wouldn't be a medical issue. Just wondering what my options are at this point. I'm going to contact my TA also.

Thanks for help and suggestions.

Carol

So the cruise in August is past its final payment date or just "paid in full"? Theres a big difference here :)

If you are beyond the cruise line Final Payment Date , then you would be penalized by an amount depending on how close to sailing .

Unless your insurance is a Cancel for Any Reason policy , you are not covered.

You also are out the cost of that policy.

Your TA can explain it all to you.

Better option may be to take the cruise and book the next one onboard for those benefits.