Chops Grille - Random Question

Hey all,

I've been searching for this for a while, but does anyone know of a copycat recipe for the Chops Grille steak marinade?

When we took our honeymoon cruise two years ago my husband got it and to this day he STILL talks about how that was the best steak he's ever had. I'd like to try and replicate for our anniversary. Hopefully next year we will be having the real thing. ;)

Hey all,

I've been searching for this for a while, but does anyone know of a copycat recipe for the Chops Grille steak marinade?

When we took our honeymoon cruise two years ago my husband got it and to this day he STILL talks about how that was the best steak he's ever had. I'd like to try and replicate for our anniversary. Hopefully next year we will be having the real thing. ;)

You will be amazed at what black pepper and salt (coarse sea salt preferably) will do :) I dont like marinades of any kind and can usually tell when one has been put on a steak. I dont believe Chops uses marinade. Just salt and pepper and MAYBE a little garlic powder.

Thanks all!

I tried googling it with no luck. I wasn't sure if there was a special marinade they did to the meat. Thank you for the help anyway :)

At least I have the cookbook that has the soup :p

Thanks for the advice! I know most of what you've been saying, some is new to me. I just didn't know if there was a special marinade for the steak Chops cooks. I know some of the specialty restaurants have a special butter or something they put on the steak. So, I was just checking because I want to use the RCI cookbook to create the meal we had during our honeymoon for our anniversary. Obviously, will not be the same by any means ;)

Thanks again everyone! Keep sending the advice, I may know it, I may not. But heck, I'm open to suggestions.