over the door shoe holder

Bugger54

My husband and I always bring an over the door shoe holder and have found that it helps to keep our odds and ends organized. I put everything from camera batteries' date=' chargers, sunscreen, sunglasses, bug repellent, lysol wipes, hairbrush, pens and address book in it. I always put it on the bathroom door, facing the room, not the bathroom. Mine comes with three flat hooks that fit right over the door and don't leave any marks.[/quote']

This is the same kind I have and the hooks have never scratched the doors.

If you were married to a MAJOR over-packer like I am you would probably see the need, LOL!!! My husband likes to bring everything anyone could possibly need with us on the cruise....from antibiotic ointment to bug repellant to every possible medication for any ailment anyone might have. It takes me about a week to get unpacked. Oh yeah and I have a teenage girl.

We have been on 100+ cruises since 1984 and have never figured out why anyone would want one! How does anyone fill one up? Why can't you put needs else where? I get mugs to put on bath room shelves and one has tooth paste & tooth brushes, one has razor shaving cream and one is for miscellaneous. We take minimum shoes which go in the bottom of a closet.

Sun lotion goes in deck bag with tablet & kindle that we take leaving the cabin for the day, our soap and shampoo we bring, goes in shower and basin, Thermos goes on desk until morning when it's filled with ice & water, then it goes with us.

What do you put in the shoe hanger ????? Why is it so important for some to have one????

We hang our night clothes on bathroom door hooks.

DH and I use one every cruise. I wouldn't leave home without it. It holds EVERYTHING!!! I hate stuff all over the shelves and counter tops. We have everything put away at home and don't have "stuff" on counter tops and shelves so why would we expect our cabin steward to need to move all that stuff to clean the shelves and counter tops when we are away!

On my last cruise with my three sisters we used two over the door holders. One on the inside of the door for bathroom stuff and one on the outside of the door for shoes. It worked out great! No lost bathroom stuff or shoes. And again our room steward didn't need to move all the "stuff" from four ladies to clean the shelves and counter top!

I believe the last one we got at Target.

DH and I use one every cruise. I wouldn't leave home without it. It holds EVERYTHING!!! I hate stuff all over the shelves and counter tops. We have everything put away at home and don't have "stuff" on counter tops and shelves so why would we expect our cabin steward to need to move all that stuff to clean the shelves and counter tops when we are away!

This! I understand that some people neither want or need one, but I love them. I actually use them at home in my kids closets -- not a single pair of shoes, but everything else from hats to calculators to sports gear. On a cruise, I like that everything is away and off the counters, but easily visible and accessible.

This! I understand that some people neither want or need one, but I love them. I actually use them at home in my kids closets -- not a single pair of shoes, but everything else from hats to calculators to sports gear. On a cruise, I like that everything is away and off the counters, but easily visible and accessible.
-

I agree - I don't even like stuff on my kitchen counter at home. The first time my husband saw me packing it, he laughed. When he started using it on the ship his attitude changed - and I didn't have to hear "where's the Tylenol, where's the band-aids, where's the whatever".... I never leave home without it. (And I've never damaged any doors while using it).

Many of the cabin walls and doors are metal. Could get strong magnetic hooks or use Command hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On my last cruise with my three sisters we used two over the door holders. One on the inside of the door for bathroom stuff and one on the outside of the door for shoes. It worked out great! No lost bathroom stuff or shoes. And again our room steward didn't need to move all the "stuff" from four ladies to clean the shelves and counter top!

I believe the last one we got at Target.

I am so with you on this. If I put everything in drawers around the cabin it would be like hunting for a needle in a haystack. Visible clutter gives me hives.

Happened to find my over the door holder in the goodwill......never know what you will find there! Best $3 find ever!

We have been on 100+ cruises since 1984 and have never figured out why anyone would want one! How does anyone fill one up? Why can't you put needs else where? I get mugs to put on bath room shelves and one has tooth paste & tooth brushes, one has razor shaving cream and one is for miscellaneous. We take minimum shoes which go in the bottom of a closet.

Sun lotion goes in deck bag with tablet & kindle that we take leaving the cabin for the day, our soap and shampoo we bring, goes in shower and basin, Thermos goes on desk until morning when it's filled with ice & water, then it goes with us.

What do you put in the shoe hanger ????? Why is it so important for some to have one????

We hang our night clothes on bathroom door hooks.

Our cruises run mostly from 20 to 30+ days. The over the door shoe holder is a must to hold stuff for such a long cruise. Ours has a cord holder and on HAL ships there are two hooks on the back of the bathroom door. Wrapping it tightly around the hooks will make it lie flat.

I bought it at a dollar store and reinforced the stitching on my sewing machine. We use it to store sunscreen, money belts, water bottle holders, hand laundry soap, sewing kit, clothespins, band aids, etc. ---- general junk which is always at hand. It doesn't weigh anything worth bothering about and it fits flat at the bottom of a suitcase.