How much noise under MDR?

OCMama

We currently have a main deck aft balcony on the Fascination. I have always had a mid ship room and am a little nervous about being in aft. A mid ship balcony room just opened up on empress. This would be a no brainer for us to switch except we would be right under the Sensation dining room. How much noise should we expect to hear?

We currently have a main deck aft balcony on the Fascination. I have always had a mid ship room and am a little nervous about being in aft. A mid ship balcony room just opened up on empress. This would be a no brainer for us to switch except we would be right under the Sensation dining room. How much noise should we expect to hear?

It all depends, on where you really are located. If you are under the tables there is little to no noise, and what there is happens during dinner, but if you are under the galley, it can be quite noisy at all hours.

I've sailed the "Paradise" many, many times, and my absolute favorite cabin is E deck aft, right under the aft dining room. I've NEVER hear a peep of noise from the dining room, and highly recommend that deck, and area.

"Paradise" is the sister ship to "Fascination". ;)

"SKY"

We were under the galley once...and I will never make that mistake again. I don't know what they were doing at 3am, but it was noisy enough to wake us up and lasted about 2 hours. :o

We were under the galley once...and I will never make that mistake again. I don't know what they were doing at 3am, but it was noisy enough to wake us up and lasted about 2 hours. :o

Just remember the dining room is not the galley. The real noise in from the galley where they are preparing food, using dishwashing machines, etc. The dining room is carpeted and even when they are serving a meal you will have little to no noise. We have had a cabin below the dining room once and it was perfectly quiet.

Don't do it.

Zero! I have stayed below the dining room 3 times, including once on a sister ship to the Sensation. I didn't hear even the slightest peep from the dining room, even during dining times. I believe that having the dining room over your room is the best thing to have over your room. It's empty all night long, which cannot be said for anything else. Again, the galley (kitchen) is not the same thing as the dining room. Below the galley is bad, below the dining room is perfect!

But, I do still like the sound of an aft balcony, watching the wake of the ship. There is more motion & ship sounds, compared to midship, if that is a concern. But, being below the dining room should be seen as an incentive for making the switch.

Edited by k2excursion

We were under the mid mdr on conquest and only got a few chair or table scuffs once or twice throughout the day. Never in the middle of the night.

Never had it on other ships and we were always in the same area.