Glacier Bay Cruises Bankrupt

avalon1025

Just to give some informations (and you can´t book with Glacier Bay Cruiseline right now anyway):

On October 12 Glacier Bay Cruiseline announced the cancellation of all 2006 cruises. The company´s president has resigned earlier. See for more informations:

http://www.modernagent.com/x/modernagent/visitor/resources/editorial.cds?n=5734

Yesterday, Oct 20, Glacier Bay Cruiseline announced that they filed for Chapter 11:

http://www.modernagent.com/x/modernagent/visitor/resources/editorial.cds?n=5989

steamboats

avalon1025,

Sorry, I meant you can´t book for 2006 anyway. I don´t think there´s a schedule for 2007 available. If bookings are possible for 2007 I surely would wait. But I think it´s not fair to say "stay away from this line and its affiliates". Owned by the same people is Great American River Journeys which is a separate company and is operating the riverboat Columbia Queen out of Vancouver, WA / Portland, OR on the Columbia River. This company started operation this April and is not affected by the bankruptcy of Glacier Bay Cruiseline. If everyone keeps away from the Columbia Queen too, sure this company will soon file for Chapter 11 too.

steamboats

I would never place my clients money with a company that has this kind of risk, book on your own but beware. Do you think if RCI went under that Celebrity wouldn't be a risk?

PS: also with the way they have been treating TA's and have been over the last few months, they don't have a chance of regaining that trust.

They would have to come back under a differnet name with some serious cash for them to hold a chance at a future

Archived