rental car return at Orlando international-

Jetswdo

We will be renting a car at Tampa cruise port to drive ourselves to MCO--

We need to be at airport around 3:00---

How much time to allow for car rental return at Avis airport location to then get to Delta for our flight?

We were figuring getting in the car in Tampa and on our way by 11:00-( 1 hour and half? drive) getting lunch near Florida Mall, then returning the car. Thanks, Anita

We will be renting a car at Tampa cruise port to drive ourselves to MCO--

We need to be at airport around 3:00---

How much time to allow for car rental return at Avis airport location to then get to Delta for our flight?

We were figuring getting in the car in Tampa and on our way by 11:00-( 1 hour and half? drive) getting lunch near Florida Mall, then returning the car. Thanks, Anita

The Avis return at MCO is very efficient, and is right at the airport, no shuttle bus. Give yourself 10 minutes to return the car, but it will probably be around 5 minutes.

And if you fill up before you turn the car in DO NOT go to SUNCOAST ENERGYS or SUN GAS to fill up, keep going a half-mile farther up 436 to Wa-Wa, you will save about $20 if you need 5 gallons!! SUNCOAST is currently $5.95/gal and Wa-Wa is $2.06/gal!

And if you fill up before you turn the car in DO NOT go to SUNCOAST ENERGYS or SUN GAS to fill up, keep going a half-mile farther up 436 to Wa-Wa, you will save about $20 if you need 5 gallons!! SUNCOAST is currently $5.95/gal and Wa-Wa is $2.06/gal!

you can fill up about 20-30 miles away from the airport, and the gauge will still show full.

getting lunch near Florida Mall, then returning the car.

There are good choices on Semoran Blvd., just outside the airport entrance. There is a Sonny's BBQ, Bonefish Grill, Dennys', Panera Bread and several others.

Bob is right, but do not have a long lunch - the TSA lines at MCO can be chaos!

The lines to get through security are nothing like you have seen on TV at the big hubs (LAX, ORD, JFK, etc.) Figure 1/2 hour to get through security and maybe 2 hours max at the airport itself.

Figure 1/2 hour to get through security and maybe 2 hours max at the airport itself.

MCO is a frustrating airport because the lines are unpredictable. Of my 20 or so flights from there, the shortest time in the security line was 30 minutes. The longest was 2 hours. I allow 1.5 hours just for security but it is usually 1 hour. I have also spent over 2 hours at the ticket counter just to check in. Unfortunately, my ticket type requires I check in at the counter and can't use preprinted boarding pass or redcaps or curbside check-in. Arriving 2 hours before my flights would have be miss all but one. Flying from MCO made me go get TSA precheck. Can't wait to use it the first time in November.

Be prepared to show Avis your gas receipt since it's such a short distance. We have had to show it for rental from Venice to TPA.

Be prepared to show Avis your gas receipt since it's such a short distance. We have had to show it for rental from Venice to TPA.

If it is more than 75 miles you shouldn't have to, Venice to TPA is 77 miles, so you were right at the cut-off. TPA-MCO is 91 miles, so they should be ok.