Kids 12 and under now $10 in Steakhouse?!

Trumpster

If the Kids Menu was real and current

Mac N Cheese

Shrimp Cocktail

Beef Sliders

4 oz filet Mignon

Fish N' Chips

Chicken Fingers

Banana Split

Chocolate and Nutella Pizza

Thank you!

Now wondering on Carnival ships without an actual Steakhouse but offer Steakhouse selections in the MDR for $20ea.(adult) would have the $10 4 oz. filet for kids?

Thank you!

Now wondering on Carnival ships without an actual Steakhouse but offer Steakhouse selections in the MDR for $20ea.(adult) would have the $10 4 oz. filet for kids?

I'm getting a no on that. The MDR does have kids menus.

Per John Heald

While we do not really advertise it we are seeing that now and then some families like to bring younger children to the Steakhouse. And so we have now decided that we will have a children's menu for which there is a charge of $10.

Here is what's offered.

STARTERS

MAC N’ CHEESE

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Cocktail Sauce, Lemon

ENTRÉES

BEEF SLIDERS* Parmesan Fries, Ketchup

4 OZ FILET MIGNON*Mash Potato, Broccoli, Cherry Tomato, Green Peas

FISH N’ CHIPS

Batter Fried, Veggies, Tartar Sauce

CHICKEN FINGERs

Crumbed Fried, Veggies, Ketchup

DESSERT

BANANA SPLIT

Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, Cream

CHOCOLATE AND NUTELLA PIZZA

White Chocolate, Raspberry, Vanilla Ice Cream

Adults cannot I am afraid order from the kids menu as they can in the dining room

Edited by Trumpster

This is just terrible. Carnival has made an adult area into a place for screaming yelling kids. Will not go to steakhouse again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well ot was never adults only but $35 is a big deterrent.

We have done the Legend Steak house more than 3 times, and was hoping to do the Pride on our Feb trip. I find the food well worth the 35$, but I was hoping they would keep it adults only..

I'm sure most children would be quiet and calmly eat, but there are always a few, cranky, tired, or want to do something else that will create havoc.

Will see what happens.

Yes this was reported last year. The guy that posted it was ridiculed by the usual, until he posted the menu.

Well carnival didn't have this on its web site until very recently

a1_zpsfzeszj3j.png

It certainly wasn't "advertised" this way in april when we sailed the Magic...wish it had been.

Well carnival didn't have this on its web site until very recently

a1_zpsfzeszj3j.png

It certainly wasn't "advertised" this way in april when we sailed the Magic...wish it had been.

Odd. They dropped the "includes tip" verbiage that has always been there.

In any case, even though John Heald denied that it existed last year, all you had to do was ask for it. The link I posted above includes the menu.

I'm happy about this. At $35 each, there was no way I was springing for the 8 of us to enjoy the steakhouse - however, since 2 of us are under 12, it brings it down to a more realistic amount.

I'm considering booking the Steakhouse in August for a nice family dinner.

They need to tweak it one more time; for seniors. They should be offered the same $10 menu.

What they need is a Night Owl menus. Early Birds and Kids will be eating early. Need something to fill up a second seating.

Even well behaved, happy kids have those voices....loud and shrill. I've had 3 of my own and 5 grandkids, so I know what I'm talking about.

Still, I will go in and if there are many kids and nowhere serene to sit, I will forgo and try for another night.

LOL! If kids bother you, then you are cruising on the WRONG cruise line. Try Princess, very few children on board most of the time and my experience has been the few there were were well behaved and almost invisible.

Carnival caters to families and families tend to have kids. :)

Even well behaved, happy kids have those voices....loud and shrill. I've had 3 of my own and 5 grandkids, so I know what I'm talking about.

Still, I will go in and if there are many kids and nowhere serene to sit, I will forgo and try for another night.

This will be my method of gauging the change in atmosphere as well.

If it appears to inch toward a 2 on the "Romper Room" scale, I'll cancel and reschedule (and wash/rinse/repeat if necessary).

I guess this thing is still underperforming. They seem to be so desperate they are even offering meals at the bar.

One day they will realize the Carnival customer just wants to knaw off the bone in the dining room. Unfortunately, the happy medium will end up being all meals buffet style on the Lido deck.

LOL! If kids bother you, then you are cruising on the WRONG cruise line. Try Princess, very few children on board most of the time and my experience has been the few there were were well behaved and almost invisible.

Carnival caters to families and families tend to have kids. :)

Carnival caters to novice cruisers and that is a very diverse market.

It does not mean parents can be irresponsible. They need to leave their poor parenting skills at the dock.