KRKA National Park - Croatia

Cruise-y

We are taking an Oceania Riviera cruise in August in the Mediterranean. One of the excursions we have booked is the KRKA National Park and Cruise (docking in Zadar, Croatia). We love the outdoors and always book lots of hiking and swimming excursions wherever we go. However, I can't tell from this excursion's description whether or not we should bring our water socks and swimming suits. It looks beautiful and I hope we can swim and walk in the water, but the description doesn't say that. Has anyone taken this excursion and can you expound a bit here for me? Thank you very much!

We took this excursion while on the Riviera last fall. I don't think you will have time to go in and enjoy the water. It is a fairly fast pace tour through the park. We walked through the park, had a little time to admire views and then we were gone. (Since it was towards the end of October, it was way to cold to be in the water anyway). If you want to really enjoy the park, you should either take a taxi or book a private tour.

We took this tour a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it immensely. We spent a couple hours walking the boardwalk that leads up and over the falls. The water level was extremely high, and the streams and brooks were gushing and overflowing their banks.

We did see some people swimming in the lake at the bottom of the cascades. I suppose you could try to do this too, but the group will walk up the hill and probably would not wait for you. That walk is spectacular and should not be missed.