Watch/Jewelry sales in promenade area

I am more confused by who actually buys the High End stuff. When I was on Anthem I don't think I ever saw anybody in the "posh" shops??

And on Oasis, I don't think I even saw the Tiffany shop in Central Park actually open?

Exactly. I wish they would replace the "high end" stores with more reasonable stores that might have something people would be interested in and actually buy.

But, they must make some profit or they wouldn't be on every darn ship...hmmm...

Those Bella Perlina (?) bracelets are awful.

I bought one on Oasis and it broke when I got back to the cabin. Took it back and got a replacement en route to dinner. The new one broke a month after we got home. Don't think I got $20 use out if it :D

I buy a shot glass from the gift store and that's it. Avoid the sales like the plaque.

The duty-free shops have the better "brand" merchandise. But you need to know your prices. If you are looking for a watch, purse etc. do some shopping before you leave so you know your prices. Check in port too before you buy on the ship.

I bought a Michael Kors purse on our last X cruise. I think I paid the same (or close to it) as I could have if I bought a similar purse at Costco!! But I had "free" onboard credit to use, so it made sense to buy it on board.

Husband is a watch lover and we have purchased numerous Citizen Eco Drive for him and our son over the years and not one problem and for the most part have gotten prices below what was listed at home. Something we look forward to on our cruises😃

I have no idea what happened, but we forgot to purchase a Anthem ots tee shirt while we were onboard....We never forget to pick one up....UGHHHH:mad: I've checked briefly to see if there was a website that might sale them with no luck.......Any ideas? :confused:

Husband is a watch lover and we have purchased numerous Citizen Eco Drive for him and our son over the years and not one problem and for the most part have gotten prices below what was listed at home. Something we look forward to on our cruises😃

Same here - my Citizen Eco-drive was a good 70.00 cheaper on the ship than what Amazon was selling it for at the time.

Those Bella Perlina (?) bracelets are awful.

I bought one on Oasis and it broke when I got back to the cabin. Took it back and got a replacement en route to dinner. The new one broke a month after we got home. Don't think I got $20 use out if it :D

Whereas my cousin bought one in February and LOVES it. Wears it all the time!

By the end of our first family Royal cruise DH had been swayed by the *smallest* Invictas (he'd already gotten a G-shock, the stinker). We're certain that his watch is a women's watch, but mine is smaller so perhaps it's marketed for toddlers. The two smallest watch faces Invicta makes, I assume. :)

Turns out that mine was a teensy bit higher in price than we could have gotten on amazon, and his was a decent amount less, so we came out ahead. And that's BEFORE realizing that we live in WA and have to pay tax on amazon purchases (well, everyone should, via their state tax return, but not everyone does). We replaced the batteries a few months back and they are good to go.

The pashminas can be a great help for those of us who forget that dining rooms can be chilly.

I don't love everything they have for sale, but there are others who do (and don't like the things I like). Great to have choices!

I DO wish that it wasn't such a scrum in there, on the evenings when I just want to walk through, but oh well.

There are a few sites that sell Invicta watches cheaper than the ship and Amazon (no sales tax).....just google "Invicta". I wear them when I travel abroad as I'm not going to wear an expensive watch overseas. Every Invicta I've purchased cost under $60 and have automatic movements.

Already had one watch stolen off my wrist and I won't let that happen again (Thanks Barcelona).

I have no idea what happened, but we forgot to purchase a Anthem ots tee shirt while we were onboard....We never forget to pick one up....UGHHHH:mad: I've checked briefly to see if there was a website that might sale them with no luck.......Any ideas? :confused:

Post on the Roll Call for an upcoming Anthem cruise. You often can find someone willing to shop for you.

I just bought someone an Enchantment magnet. I once bought someone a water bottle.

:D

ETA: If you don't find someone before, I will be happy to help you in January. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

There are a few sites that sell Invicta watches cheaper than the ship and Amazon (no sales tax).....just google "Invicta". I wear them when I travel abroad as I'm not going to wear an expensive watch overseas. Every Invicta I've purchased cost under $60 and have automatic movements.

Already had one watch stolen off my wrist and I won't let that happen again (Thanks Barcelona).

Seriously? RIGHT OFF YOUR WRIST???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously? RIGHT OFF YOUR WRIST???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep....

Right off Ramblas with hundreds of people around us. Grabbed me by the arm and pulled the watch until it broke off. I was able to knock his glasses off. A couple of guys chased him.....either he was too fast our they were in on it??

I was glad it wasn't an expensive watch and we were okay. I think his prescription glasses were worth more than the watch. It felt like slow motion....weird!

Post on the Roll Call for an upcoming Anthem cruise. You often can find someone willing to shop for you.

I just bought someone an Enchantment magnet. I once bought someone a water bottle.

:D

ETA: If you don't find someone before, I will be happy to help you in January. :)

Great idea...Thanks!