Millennium Internet Speed Question

cruisedad2

I read that Millie had slow internet with the Excelerate upgrade the week after drydock (May 12th sailing). Has it improved in subsequent sailings? How much? Are there areas of the ship where internet speed is better or worse? I have to do some work :( while we cruise in Alaska. Thank you for letting me know.

Pre-refurb, I was amazed at how fast the Internet was in some places on our Asian Cruise. My Partner was able to sit on a deckchair outside Michaels Club and stream youtube movies without hanging/buffering. I could open Facebook with just momentary pause loading photos.

Having said that, in our deck 6 cabin it was nothing like as fast. The big bar toward the front of the ship, high up was also very patchy.

However, don't forget this was dating from Jan 2016 and before the refurb.

My experience with it was not a good one. It was exceedingly slow in all areas of the ship. If I was paying by the minute, I would be have been very pissed at the slowness. It routinely took a few minutes for things to load up.

Unless you REALLY, REALLY need to be on the internet, pass it up. It's far more aggravation than it's worth.